Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amoking While Banded

Momma said, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

Regarding weed, I grew up in the 70's, weed, THC,LSD, mushrooms,coke, I did and tried it all. Why would you want to get a band just to smoke weed and get the munchies? J/S

No I have a friend who does and I told her it was harmful. She thinks it's gonna be ok I'm getting info to hear and show her what others no.

What most fail to understand about marijuana is that it is more risky to smoke than tobacco...it burns at a higher temperature and the number of known carcinogens is greater than that contained in tobacco. The psychological side effects of using the "Gateway Drug" can be devastating.

To me, having my band placed was all about getting healthier and lowering my risks for weight related comorbidities...WHY would someone want to go to all the effort and expense of this surgery and not want to have a healthier lifestyle??

IMHO... JS...

Smoking can cause delayed wound healing, increased risk of infection, poor oxygenation which can lead to complications with anesthesia and increased risk for post operative blood clots. Bottom line - smoking increases the risk for complications some of which can be life threatening. Most doctors recommend quitting 6-8 weeks prior to surgery.

I started smoking when I was 14yo. I quit when it went from .55 TO .75 a pack. I refused to pay .75 a pack.

What people are paying now to kill themselves with a slow death, they could have bought a house.J/S

This was a bad time for me to be commenting on smoking. My bff is dying from lung cancer and it's painful to watch. So now I am hypersensitive about smoking.

Sorry all you smokers!!

This was a bad time for me to be commenting on smoking. My bff is dying from lung cancer and it's painful to watch. So now I am hypersensitive about smoking.

Sorry all you smokers!!

Ooh... I'm so sorry to hear about your BFF. I know how hard that is. My BFF is dying too, of a progressive neurological disease, mother of two kids, 10 and 12... so very sad. Makes me appreciate every day and not take health for granted. <3

Ooh... I'm so sorry to hear about your BFF. I know how hard that is. My BFF is dying too' date=' of a progressive neurological disease, mother of two kids, 10 and 12... so very sad. Makes me appreciate every day and not take health for granted. <3[/quote']

I am truly sorry for you too!

Unless I am paying their bills I have no right to judge but keep in mind that Marijuana is illegal in the United States. Just saying.... B)