Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Found Restriction, But Now Fighting To Eat Calories!

Finally after two years I found restriction, and am losing weight. In the mornings I cant get anything down so Ill slowly drink my 30grams of protien, shake, lunch will be a can of tuna (barely) and dinner maybe Soup, or chick'n and soft soft veggies, and at the end of the day, im barely hitting 700 calories!! I dont eat meat, (only fish) and need lap band friendly food ideas! I know its not good to not be eating at least 1200 calories...but I cant seem to get any more food down!

Read your nutrition labels...and focus on basics. By that I mean that every meal should consist of your lean Protein and Fiber carb of your choice.

You must eat your Protein first...it's the priority. Stop using foods which can fill you up without good nutritional value. My surgeon advises no soup...at all.

I also have a difficult time meeting my daily protein goal, so a Protein shake for my snack in the evening made with 1% milk makes up for any deficits during the day.

looking at what everyone else eats during the day, it seems to be adding up to around 700-1000 calories..

ill try something else for lunch, Soup just goes down easy. i seem to be getting the hiccups SOON after I start eating, maybe Im too tight, but Im enjoying losing the weight,...

I stick with 1000 calories... Mostly because if I did t lose this weight At a decent pace i would have become frustrated...well that and I find if I eat 1300-1500 I will just maintain... So I have averaged my loss at about 10 lbs per month.

Finally after two years I found restriction' date=' and am losing weight. In the mornings I cant get anything down so Ill slowly drink my 30grams of protien, shake, lunch will be a can of tuna (barely) and dinner maybe Soup, or chick'n and soft soft veggies, and at the end of the day, im barely hitting 700 calories!! I dont eat meat, (only fish) and need lap band friendly food ideas! I know its not good to not be eating at least 1200 calories...but I cant seem to get any more food down![/quote']

What about egg whites- I hard cook them and toss out the yolks,- or yogurt-especially the higher Protein Greek types. You might need a little unfill though.

Why does it take so long to find the green zone!?

I was where you are back in May and June. Seems like I got stuck a lot and found it hard to eat much of anything. But, I was losing weight fast and didn't want to give it up. I went in for an unfill now I'm a little too loose. So hard to find that sweet spot. I would recommend having a very small unfill if you start to feel like what you are eating is making you feel unhealthy?

And, sometimes these phases pass and you may find that you can eat more. But, I wouldn't wait a long time.

tmf

Why does it take so long to find the green zone!?

That's not always the case. Eating with the band is a learning experience and it takes a little longer with some of us. Took me 6 months to get there and I'm still nibbling around that green zone. I'm still losing weight but not as fast as I'd like.

Learning to lose those old bad habits can take time. Most of us are guilty of eating much too fast and eating large bites and gulping the hardly chewed food down. Years and years of conditioning takes time to overcome. And it's still a battle for me.

tmf

Thats so true!! Trying undo habits is difficult. Especially in this country where the pace of life is fast. We are competing against the clock for more time.

That's not always the case. Eating with the band is a learning experience and it takes a little longer with some of us. Took me 6 months to get there and I'm still nibbling around that green zone. I'm still losing weight but not as fast as I'd like.

Learning to lose those old bad habits can take time. Most of us are guilty of eating much too fast and eating large bites and gulping the hardly chewed food down. Years and years of conditioning takes time to overcome. And it's still a battle for me.

tmf

Thank you for sharing this. Changing eating habits is such a big part of this. When I'm having a good week, I lose about 1.5-2lbs per week with no problem but then I fall back into the bad eating habits and sabotage the whole thing.

Finally after two years I found restriction' date=' and am losing weight. In the mornings I cant get anything down so Ill slowly drink my 30grams of protien, shake, lunch will be a can of tuna (barely) and dinner maybe Soup, or chick'n and soft soft veggies, and at the end of the day, im barely hitting 700 calories!! I dont eat meat, (only fish) and need lap band friendly food ideas! I know its not good to not be eating at least 1200 calories...but I cant seem to get any more food down![/quote']

Sone band friendly foods i recommend incl yoghurt, tuna, milk, smoked salmon, eggs and mince made into chilli or bolognaise for Protein packed food options. Loving smoked salmon + lite cream cheese and chives on crackers at the moment. For your Soups are you getting some Protein into them, with Beans, meat or lentils? A milky coffee is all I have for Breakfast, and lunch is fairly small with the main meal of the day at dinner.< /p>

Thats so true!! Trying undo habits is difficult. Especially in this country where the pace of life is fast. We are competing against the clock for more time.

It took me a long time to overcome food, even after my surgery, I would drink with meals and push the food down, no matter how bad it hurt, to get more down. Ive finally hit the point where food does not control me, I control it and I live to eat, not eat to live anymore, mainly because I cant eat much and have to choose carefully what to eat. It really is a tool, a tool that helps you change your mindset into, i can only eat what will be good for me. Its pretty nice, I spent alot of money on going out to eat and on fast food, and now theres no point, and am saving alot of money for new things that will make me happy instead of food. I think i may make my own like 8 bean Soup, and freeze it, that way I know im getting alot of protien out of my lunches, and of course tuna.< /p>