Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Plication

Hey was wondering if anyone's had the lapband and plication how is the journey going?

its going well. def the plication is helping me get full faster. 3 months out since surgery and not a fill needed yet. highly recommend this surgery. (but always ask alof of questions and research).

How many ounces are u able to drink if it's a Protein Shake not food. If u don't mind me asking . I had my surgery the 22 of aug nd now I feel I can drink a whole 10 oz Protein shake like its nothing but food is a different story lol

i can *drink* whatever amount, ounces. (even gulp if i want to) but i try to just take small drinks (sips sometimes). no real issue with drinking.

I had lb with plication on 8/10 and I can drink whatever amount too. I think it had definitely helped me.

Thanks okay so I'm not limited I'm glad I was an lil uneasy about how much I'm able to drink I was going to ask my dr about it .I know my instructions says only 6 to 8 oz but. Def can drink more at a time, one last thing im noticing there's was things I could eat before that I no longer can for example sugar free ice cream if I eat that I get sick my stomach gets all crazy . I wonder is that common .

hm, i dont know about the ice cream bits. i am able to eat/drink whatever. i just go very slow and take my time and not over a cup at any given time (with food). over 80+ oz per day on Fluid though..

Haven't tried ice cream. But I can eat anything too just reduced portions. I burp like crazy though!

Thanks for the feedback good luck and yes I get the burping too when I feel full it's like un controllable lol

burp...i wish.....get baby hiccups that signals me we are done eating....all the best you guys :)

So glad to read this. I had banded plication last Tuesday and I felt no restriction when drinking from the very first day. I was thinking "did he really even do anything"? haha Of course I have not tried to eat solid food yet so we will see.

just a note (until you feel it like with fills or the plication after healing) eat like you have restriction already. is what i do as i dont have any fills but i def have restriction just from plication

Carolina Girl is so right. If you burp - You are DONE eating. I had band with Plication 7-7-11 and I am doing great. I am so glad I did both. I am down 106 and counting. Keep us posted on how you do..

Melinda in Florida

I get a slight little hiccup when I am getting full, but I mean I BURP all the time. I burp hours after or even now I burped and I have had nothing since last night. And I rarely burped (occasional small little lady like burps) pre surgery. My kids die laughing at me. I make horrid noises!

No one else??

Pennie