Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success Stories And Exercise Regimen If Any

Getting banded with plication on the 17th. Finished reading all the surgery stories, now I need to hear success stories and I'd like to know ur exercise regimen bc I have constant lower back pain and am afraid I won't be able to do enough rigorous activity to shed the pounds I want to lose.

I've lost 143 pounds in 8 months. My exercise ability is limited because I have Multiple Sclerosis, however, I can walk. When I first started this journey I used a cane and could hardly make it into a store from a handicapped spot. Now, I walk a couple miles a day, every day. I had to slowly work up to this point day by day but it's so worth it.

Start small and work up to more.

Getting banded with plication on the 17th. Finished reading all the surgery stories, now I need to hear success stories and I'd like to know ur exercise regimen bc I have constant lower back pain and am afraid I won't be able to do enough rigorous activity to shed the pounds I want to lose.

I have lost 208 lbs. The only formal exercise I did was walk 2 miles each day. And I built up to that. While exercise is extremely beneficial...and recommended it isnt necessary to lose the weight.

Wow, 143 in 8 mths? That is amazing. Congrats! I also was curious how much every one is also exercising. A few mths back as I put on more weight ( quit smoking ) my knees and feet hurt when I walk. Right now I can do about 15 min and then I need to sit down or take a break. I get so out of breath. Today I took 2 walks for about 15 min each time. I am going to do that everyday. Just split up the walking so its a little easier. Until I lose some weight and can go for a longer period of time. I love reading all the success stories!

I started walking the dog 15 to 20 minutes I am now up to running 2 to 3 miles about every other day and I also do some weight training. I have noticed the more I change it up the better the results plus it keeps it more fun. I have ran 1 5 k and going to run another 5k with my Lab in 4 weeks. Its more fun it find a partner that is willing to go at all times. I m over 100 pounds down in 10 short months.

8 mos, 10 mos, +100 lbs! I hope I can do as good as yall! That's awesome. Congrats! I know until I get below 200 lbs, I won't be able to do much bc that's when the pain started. As it is, I'm lucky to stand long enough to do the dishes, or walk for 5 min.

How about trying a weight supporting exercise like swimming or aqua aerobics?

Do you have a YMCA nearby? They have scholarships for memberships and LOTS of exercise options, pools (some), good equipment, a good environment. I love the Y.

Walking, hand weights at home and the jillian Michaels work out DVDs if you need cheap at home stuff to do. I'm In the gym 2 hours a day with cardio and weights I'm two weeks post op and when twenty pounds from surgery day..

Banded August 28 2012<br />Starting weight 293<br />Day of surgery weight 273<br />Current weight 254<br />Goal weight 160 5ft 10

I am 3 months out and have lost 40 lbs. my exercise consists of swimming laps 30 min a day 5 day a week. I'm sure if I added weight training or cardio I'd speed up the weight loss but I hate to sweat lol....so far I'm happy with my progress and congrats to all of ya all that have hit 100 lb weight loss.

I had surgery Aug 29th and am down 26 pounds. I walk 2 miles 5 times a week. I'm trying to walk faster every time and hopefully I'll be able to go further soon. Good luck!!

Swimming.. I have issues that are compounded by the motions otherwise. Water supports you and protects the joints. Some insurances will cover it, others want you to see a actual therapist and I found one who did pool therapy. Even just walking in water is good. You can lose the weight without much, even any, exercise. Wise choices, Portion Control, etc.

I also find the stories of folks who have super weight loss fast (congratulations!) Origionally made me feel negative about my slow weight loss. Its different for everyone and if you are 'following the rules' then your speed IS YOUR speed and beating yourself up about can't change anything but your attitude. I lose slow and steady, i'm ok with that now, so long as I don't gain.

Good luck, be well.