Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie (sort of)

Hi everyone!

My name is Stacy and Mrs Sabre told me about this site.

I used to own a few support sites with yahoogroups so I may even know a few of you :)

I was banded in 2001 by Dr Ponce in Dalton, GA. I live here in Charlotte NC. I have lost 100lbs, had one port disconnect and a few months of being filled too tight, but other than that, I have been problem free.

I hear there is a local support group that gets together once in a while? I would love to get to know some of you and offer any support that I can :(

Hope to talk with you all some more soon! (I have also had a few plastic surgeries as a result of the weight loss if anyone wants info on that as well)

Stacy

There you are! You didn't waste any time. Welcome! :)

Look at the post for April 1st for the next "meeting". I can't make this one, but I think there are 4 or 5 so far that can. I think we've had up to about 10 people attend at any one time. If you look back through, there's a picture thread of all of us too.

Welcome Stacy! I am happy to see someone that has been doing this for a while and that has had such success with it. I am impressed and would love to hear how you did it? I am at a stand still right now with my weight loss with 50 pounds gone. I would love to get another 50 gone but it seems to not be moving. I think I am not doing what I should be and I need to get back on track. I am right now drinking with my meal and I know that is a BIG NO NO!!! So smack me on the hand next time you see me! :) Again welcome to the board and hopefully I can meet you next month, I cant go to this one. <SIGH>

Angie

Welcome Stacy...glad you have come and joined us. Wow 2001 it's great to hear from someone who hasn't had many problems and is going good. I myself just had my port fixed last week, it flipped. I am hoping to hit the 100 pound mark by June don't know if I can but I am going to try it. If not There is always later in the year. I can't wait to hear more about you and see what you have to offer.

Did Karen let you know that we were meeting April 1 for Breakfast? Please try to Join us. There is a thread w/ all the info.

Again Welcome....

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I can't make the IHOP this weekend (although that is one of my favorite places)! Sorry to hear your port flipped. I always think that's happening to me. The port disconnect was really the only major issue that I had. The overfill was my own fault :(Anyway, off to work, I will check in from there!Stacy

Hey Stacy! Welcome to LBT! Wow, I'm not the "oldest" bandster in the Charlotte group anymore, how cool! LOL Hope you can make it next Sat, I'd love to meet you in person. 100 pounds and PS. We wanna see! Great to have you here!!!!!!

Hey Stacy! Welcome to LBT! Wow, I'm not the "oldest" bandster in the Charlotte group anymore, how cool! LOL Hope you can make it next Sat, I'd love to meet you in person. 100 pounds and PS. We wanna see! Great to have you here!!!!!!

Ahhh, now that I know it's NEXT weekend I might be tempted. Shoot any excuse to go to IHOP. The Hub will be jealous.

Is this the IHOP at the corner of Harris and Tryon?

OK Stacy, since I can't make Breakfast next week maybe you'll post your before and after pictures?

You don't need an excuse to go to IHOP....It's a girl thing....there you go tell him a lot of girls are getting together. He will say oh please go!!! haha

Well I hope you can make it..You would have a blast....everyone does. And even newbies come back.

Hi everyone!

My name is Stacy and Mrs Sabre told me about this site.

I used to own a few support sites with yahoogroups so I may even know a few of you :)

I was banded in 2001 by Dr Ponce in Dalton, GA. I live here in Charlotte NC. I have lost 100lbs, had one port disconnect and a few months of being filled too tight, but other than that, I have been problem free.

I hear there is a local support group that gets together once in a while? I would love to get to know some of you and offer any support that I can :eek:

Hope to talk with you all some more soon! (I have also had a few plastic surgeries as a result of the weight loss if anyone wants info on that as well)

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

I was supposed to get banded next month but had a set back with some confusion with paper work, so the surgery might be delayed another 30 days. It has been a year long process. I had to change from one doctor to another and it still has dragged on. A bit frustrating but I do want the surgery so I persist.

I have a hernia issue which my doctor is planning to repair, they are a little concerned as to the size, so that worries me some. I guess it increases my chances of slippage.

I am trying to prepare myself and accumulate some energy drinks, etc. Do you have any suggestions as to what kind of drinks? Also somewhere I heard that I had to find Protein Drinks without sugar. Any Protein Drink I have seen has some sugar. I picked up the Boost, Advant Edge Low Carb, and some Canation Instant. Are those good choices? Also I've been told to get some baby food. What do you suggest there? I figure you guys would know what tastes good and what doesn't.

Since this has dragged out so long, mostly due to paper work and tests, I've been a bit down. It has given me a longer period to start doubting my decision for the surgery. I really was committed to this and I feel it's what I need. I guess I've just lost my confidence. Hopefully you can help me regain that spirit. Tell me this has been a decision you are happy with!

Thanks

Vickie