Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so upset my husband got in a fight over our computer keeps shutting down so he thinks its from e-mails and this lap band site why who knows then he has to put in his two cents your always on that site and it didn't work anyways I was so upset okay I am not where I want to be yet but I have lost 54 pounds in 8 months with some problems with re-operation of my port it flipped so why is it other people notice and he can't give me credit oh just had to let off steam

Hi Flower,

My husband is the same way and says the same thing about me always on this site. I've summed it up to him being jealous because I am not spending my time with him, instead. When we have computer problems, he always finds a way to insinuate (sp?) that I am the one who caused it. Then, like you all, we get into a big old fight about it. We've done this several times. When I've finally cooled off about it, I've just come to realize that we were both just irritated at the situation and got really ugly with each other. Don't worry about it. Losing 54 pounds in 8 months is a big accomplishment. Congratulations on that weight loss!

My husband doesn't blame the site, he spends many hours playing games online, I can only be on the internet (any site) when he's at work or asleep (I have chronic insomnia lately).

He doesn't notice my weight loss either (56lbs) - see my thread under general discussion - "Spouse's reaction to weight loss" for details.

I think they just don't understand how to handle the new, improved "us". Maybe they didn't think it would impact so many things in their life and that it would be just contained to us.

Congratulations on your weight loss, you are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work!

We have had "His" and "Hers" computers since we got married. I hate it when he touches my computer....unless I have a problem that needs fixed. :)

If you can swing it, that is the way to go!! :(

~Good Luck~

I'm with 3loves. He has his super computer that he built and I have my laptop which he doesn't touch unless it's broken. It makes for a very happy relationship!

But it's probably spyware that's messing up your computer, so many websites are putting on their sites- even yahoo. You can go to downloads.com and find a software like spysweeper that will fix that for free!

:) Kristin

I'm a big fan of the his and hers computer method of marital bliss. My husband is happy I have a place to connect with other bandsters. He knows I'm a worrier and since he has no answers when I have questions, LBT takes the pressure off of him.

His and Hers here...it's working great. I am the same...when it's broken or not working right he is there to fix it for me.

I am sorry your DH's don't say anything to you about your weight loss...take a picture and put it side by side. Maybe that will make them see the difference. My DH has been very supportive through this all...I guess I am pretty lucky. Good Luck Ladies!!!!!

His and her computers???? OMG! How neat is that? Do you guys ever visit each other on-line?

Well, Im here to join the "My Husband Hates LBT" club.

Basically, its competition for my attention.

Although I must admit, Ive been a member long enough that now this place is part of our lives. And because LBT has been my "thing" for so long, Ive brought him into many of the: converstions/problems/situations/pictures... and through this, he somewhat feels a part of this madness. He has even asked me about different things or people. Amazing? Or crazy. I dont know yet!

He'll still give me the one liners like, "Youre STILL on that damn thing?" (and he's a music minister!) or "If you'd get off that computer, you could....." or walks into the room and says, "Yep, I figured THATS what you were doing."

My favorite story was when the family was loaded in the truck for an outting, and I was "involved" in a LBT story. Mike had been saying "Lets go!" for an unGodly amout of time, but I couldnt break away - so he came in the room and UNPLUGGED the computer. (How dare he!!!)

He has even hiden the mouse from me.

But you see, hes now been LBT'd.

He knows that this place offers his wife sanity, conversation, fellowship - and mostly - laughter. He still hates it, but now he accepts it. :)

So, without LBT, tell your hubby you would be one lonely gal. Dont worry, he'll get LBT'd too if you still around long enough.

Flower hang in there. He probably notices, he is just doesn't say anything.

Anyway, for all you girls out there, I have the perfect song for you!!!!!!!!!!

The 2006 version of I WILL SURVIVE

SING IT the GIRLS only !!! (maybe in your head, if you are reading this at

work!)

Ready... set... go... ; Smile Guys

At first I was afraid, I was petrified.

When you said you had 10 inches, Lord I almost died!

But I'd spent so many years just waiting for a man that long,

That I grew strong,

And I knew that I could take you on...

But there you are, another lie,

I was ready for a Big Mac and you've brought me a French Fry!

I should have known that it was bullshit, just a sad pathetic dream,

Should have known there was no Anaconda lurking in those jeans!

Go on now - go, walk out the door,

Don't you promise me 10 inches, then turn up w ith only 4!

Weren't you a brat to think I would! n't find you out!?

Don't you know we're only joking when we say size don't count??!!

[Chorus]

I will survive! I will survive!

Cuz as long as I have batteries,

My sex life's gonna thrive!

I will always have good sex,

with a handful of latex!

I will survive! I will survive! .Hey! Hey!

It took all my self control not to laugh out loud,

When I saw your little weiner standing tall and proud!

But to hell with your ego and to hell with all your needs,

Now I'm saving all my lovin' for a cordless multispeed!

[Chorus]

I will survive! I will survive!

Cuz as long as I have batteries,

My sex life's gonna thrive!

I will always have good sex,

With a handful of latex!

I will survive! I will survive! .Hey! Hey!

My fiancee and I also have our own computers. And like the other ladies here, he only messes with mine when he needs to fix something (although I can fix alot of things myself these days). As for the machine restarting, go to download.com and look up adaware, and make sure you run your antivirus. I run adaware whenever I think of it, and it almost always finds something that should be on my computer. I also recommend AVG antivirus, because it found a number of things on my PC that Norton Antivirus had not found!

As for the weight loss, my fiancee couldn't really tell a difference either, but he would never say something like "it didn't work anyway"!!! I hope you gave him a swift kick to the a$$!!

His & Hers computers are an absolute MUST for us - we are able to share just about everything else = ))

My kids are getting old enough now that they're getting their own computers as soon as I find space for their desks (of course they'll be getting our 'old' computers since we just upgraded both of them.

Mommy doesn't mind sharing - but the geotrax website just isn't where I want to hang out = ))

The restarting problem is either a virus or bad spyware. We use Norton Internet Security suite and it works great. Updates virus definitions regularly and we have regular scans done to make sure we don't run into problems - cause we are constantly on the internet!!

Good Luck!

I'm a part of the His and Hers computer club as well. Hubby has his "mean machine" and he bought me a nice laptop.

Funny thing about the forums is that I use to be like the husbands, I use to get upset at my husband for being on forums all day long and making posts etc. However after I found LBT I understand why he spent time in those places. Now we both happily sit across from each other in the office typing our own messages. :typing:

My kids both built their own computers and my grandsons. My son-in-law designs video games and all the little people and graphics for them. They are both computer whizzes and my grandson who is 7 can play just about any game on there for his age group. He has his own Spiderman Computer that they built him. They also have a spare that they built a couple years ago that they are putting in the room I'm staying in. In their house computer access is not a problem. That is their enjoyment. They don't drink or smoke nor party. They do, however, love computers and they play each other in games from separate rooms. It actually seems to bring them closer. I would suggest to anyone that with the low cost of used computers that if you can you pick up your own and let the spouse complain then. I have Spyware and Zone Alarm on my computer and I think it has probably saved me a fortune. I wouldn't be without either one of them. I have the virus and firewall in Zone Alarm and think it is the best anti-viral/firewall out there. Actually, I know it it. I have read everything there is to read on it and have never in all the years I've had it had any sort of problem. It's a wise investment with all the bugs out there.

We also have our own pc's. The kids have a laptop and we all share our 3 pc's and only 1 has any type of firewall/spyware or anything it. We have never had a virus or anything, even though the oldest children (19 & 20) visit all kinds of websites.

I think you can get viruses from anything you do on the web basically, even going to the white house website - this was in the news a few years ago and I thought it was ironic; the place you might feel safe was giving viruses out :paranoid

If we had more room in our house, we would ALL have pc's lol we have always played on the computer and played with the kids on there - games, strategy homework etc.

Sorry to hear about your husband Flower, sometimes I just can't figure out mine either :speechles like equating getting a swimming pool to getting WLS :phanvan