Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just went to the doctor on Thursday and he told me I should start trying out some shakes to see which I like best. What has worked best for you? I'm looking at 6 months until my surgery but hopefully I can get it sooner!!!

i used Isopure powder.. i preferred the powder as oppsed to pre made shakes becasue you can do more with it to change the taste.

carnation Breakfast essentials was also up there on my list. loved it when i needed something on the go quick and convenient. and it doesnt taste half bad.

Some surgeons are more strict than others with their recommendations for Protein shakes. My surgeon is very strict about his patients using only Protein Shakes made with 100% whey isolate Protein, as this considered a complete protein and remains the "gold standard" for bariatric patients.

That said, I've used Wheybolic Extreme Protein Powder from GNC since day 1 of my pre op liquid diet. I prefer the chocolate and Cookies 'n cream flavors. When mixed with 8 oz of 1% milk, I get ~37g of protein from each shake.

Other forum participants have used and liked powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand Protein Powder which my surgeon sells in his office, and I have never tried.

It's very important for you to try several brands and find one that you like...and read the nutrition label so you are aware of the contents of what you are drinking.

Best wishes as you begin your journey...

i used Isopure powder.. i preferred the powder as oppsed to pre made shakes becasue you can do more with it to change the taste.

carnation Breakfast essentials was also up there on my list. loved it when i needed something on the go quick and convenient. and it doesnt taste half bad.

Carnation breakfast essentials doesn't contain enough Protein to meet the special nutritional needs of bariatric patients.

That's one essential reason to read nutrition labels...and to shop only the periphery of your grocery store. I avoid the bakery, and focus on the produce, dairy, and meat sections where you find the unprocessed foods which contain the most natural nutrition.

My doc recommended EAS Myoplex in regular or lite...I actually like them now.

I like EAS carb control shakes and premiere Protein Shakes from SAMs club or costco.< /p>

I have dairy sensitivity and can't use whey Protein. I recently did a two week detox on peertrainer where I was directed to use Protein Powder made with pea and rice protein, mixed with coconut milk. I use the brand peertrainer recommended, but found there are others out there less expensive and appear to be just as good. The two flavors I purchase are vanilla and chocolate. With the vanilla, I can add whatever fruits I want (favorites are blueberries and frozen black cherries). With the chocolate, I use ice and add a packet of hazelnut instant coffee for the most delicious mocha shake ever. I wanted to buy a vitamix (probably will when I get my surgery date), but I use a magic bullet so I can easily prepare my shakes whether I'm home or traveling. Hope this helps.

Here's a list Bariatric Center gave me:

Myoplex Lite

EAS

Chike

Isopure Zero-Carb

Worldwide Pure Protein drinks &Jello

Body Fortress

Atkins shakes

Slimfast Low Carb

Also said product should contain at least 15 gr. Protein per 6oz and less than 7 gr. sugar

Also follow same guidelines in choosing bars as in power/drink supplements. Many Protein Bars have higher fat content or excessive amounts of sugar added

Hope this help!

I really like muscle milk. Not a fan of the vanilla but they have a whole lot of flavors like chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies and cream, malt, strawberry and lots more.

my doctor said the eas cab control and the premier at costco