Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Day Home And Feeling Miserable :(

COMPLETELY get where you're coming from!!! I even (very briefly) had the thought, "what did I do?" And this is from someone who doesn't make any decision lightly AND had to wait almost a year to have the surgery AFTER I was sure i wanted/needed it. Ha. Feeling nauseated, as you do now, truly is miserable. Please keep us posted... I'm really hoping you get some sleep and feel somewhat human tomorrow.

I am about to have surgery on Wed morning and I was just curious as to where everyone placed the heating pad, on your back or your tummy.

It's a tummy cuddler!

I thought of something else that made me feel good... sf hot apple cider (the powder mix). Something about hot apple cider has always soothed me when I was sick.

Ok thank you >>>> I have mines ready LOL :)

I am about to have surgery on Wed morning and I was just curious as to where everyone placed the heating pad, on your back or your tummy.

Ha! Good question. I never even thought to ask -how funny. Anyway, I placed it on my tummy then, and still now.

I'm home now and feeling extremely nauseous! I can only have sf clear liquid until tomorrow, and its making me feel really fatigued and dizzy. I have only eaten 2 small portions of Jello and I was hoping this last peice would help me feel a litl better. but it seems it has done the opposite. I've been drinking Water. but I feel I need to vomit and im trying not to do that. Any suggestions on how to make the nausea go away are greatly appreciated!

My surgeon prescribed a medication to help control nausea...I guess I was fortunate that I did not need to use it.

I hope that the surgeon's office has called you back by now...this is not an easy time, but it does pass. Do your best to "sip" Water and stay properly hydrated.

Hope you feel better...

Unfortunately my surgeon never called back ;( but I made it through the night. I just had half a protien shake so hopefully my energy levels will be better today!! (Staying positive)

I also had the patch behind my ear and the reletex on my wrist. I would hate to know how bad I would have felt without them!

I haven't been able to find sf apple cider :( along with ff fugesicles! Or sf Italian ice. All of which I was looking forward to. However I have been drinking Vitamin Water zero and it seems like all the Vitamins in them seem to help alot, so im gonna try to get one of those down this morning....again Thanks for all the advice! :)

sugar free mints helped.when I was pg. maybe they will help when I get banded

I'm home now and feeling extremely nauseous! I can only have sf clear liquid until tomorrow' date=' and its making me feel really fatigued and dizzy. I have only eaten 2 small portions of Jello and I was hoping this last peice would help me feel a litl better. but it seems it has done the opposite. I've been drinking Water. but I feel I need to vomit and im trying not to do that. Any suggestions on how to make the nausea go away are greatly appreciated![/quote']

I know exactly how you feel. I am absolutely miserable . I'm two days post out and I just can't wait to feel

better. My port site is soooo sore. ugh

I was severely nauseous day 2 and 3 after surgery and I found that putting a cold wet rag over my forehead and eyes helped me. I have also heard about the running alcohol thing but I did not have any so did not try it.

Today seems better than yesterday. So that's a good sig! Luckily my incisions have only bothered me when getting up, but after I walk around for a min the pain gets better. I'm a side sleeper and managed to sleep partially on my side with the help of a pillow pulled tight to me. But it did hurt getting to the side position. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna try them.

@ Kristinsmommy, It sounds like we are band sisters! I hope your pain gets better, stay positive! Good luck on your journey! :)

I was just banded yesterday as well. The worst part for me was that first initial sit up in the hospital bed. The gas pains I thought were going to kill me. However, today the pain is a little more tolerable. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping like I am? I wake up trying to move a little for comfort or having to go to the restroom or i need to take my pain Meds. The sleep I want to believe will help me heal easier. I hope you all are doing okay and getting past the scary part and going pain free soon.

Lindsay

So sorry you've been having a tough time. I had a really hard time on day 3. Started to get hunger pains and terrible nausea and weakness - but could not tolerate anything sweet. Made me gag just thinking about it. So I focused on broth. I had TERRIBLE buyer's remorse!! Kept wondering what the hell I did to myself!! But I am 10 days post-op now, back to work, and really feel like myself again. It gets better!! Promise! Here for you if you need to vent... : )