Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ga Girl Newbie Who Looooves Food!

Hey all, im Mary from south georgia! im 27, a mom of 2 girls. married for 2years. and im 324 lbs with a bmi of 61! im so fed up with this life of mine. Im ready to do something different. my mom died in her early fifties and so did her mom. her sister died in there 40's. I was 20 when my mom died. i do not want to put my girls in the same sadness i was with her. I have see my pcp and he is referring me to a surgeon, i have bcbs of anthem ppo. so technically i could find my own surgeon but i dont know ppl like that so ill trust him to find me one. Oh did i mention im only 5'1!!! ive been big since i can remember, never been a small girl. I don't have any contributing factors like high bp or diabetes, no sleep apena, none of it, just big ol me! he said he believes with all of the tests and such i should be done with surgery in about 10 weeks. which puts me around november. How he pulled such a number out of is behind is beyond me. but im satisifed with that. It will give me enough time to process this major life change. i enjoy reading everyones posts and hope to find ppl who are similiar to me in size and such and age. i am nervous about the life after surgery. the doctor said id be pretty limited to 4oz of food if not less once i am on mushu or solids. i put a 1/2 measuring cup on my counter everyday and i just look at it. its scary. i go in for my 2nd plate of dinner and i just sigh and think " i reallllly love food" its my comfort and my addiction. what on earth do you do when u r hungry to keep urself from eating and making urself sick?

Hi Marybell, Welcome to LBT.com.There's a lot of knowledge, inspiration & support here. Stick around!

I think "liking food" is common with all of us,lol.

I would highly suggest you take this next 10wks(if your Drs behind is correct) and get to know everything you can about the band. Knowledge is power.

I'm quite a bit older than you and I only wish I had done this sooner.

Sorry about losing all the important women in your life. Yes, you have to get health for your girls.

Hope to see you around here a lot. We're here for you!

Best Wishes!

Hi marybell my name is Theresa I am 27yrs old, I have been married for 8 years and I have 2 boys. I got banded may 25th 2012. This has been a challenge I'm not gonna lie but I believe it's been the best choice I have made in a very long time I had to do a 6 month diet before getting banded and I also had a physiological evaluation. I don't have any co-morbidity's other than my weight I started at 366 and on the day of surgery I was 347 and as of today I weigh 317 it might not seem like a lot but I feel great and none of my clothes fit anymore!!! Yay for me!! I know that if I exercise more I will lose more but it's so hard with all this weight on me (I get tired so quick) :( I love food myself but little by little I am learning to eat the right things and it's not that hard I'm really never hungry! The band is a new lifestyle you don't have to stop enjoying what you like. You will learn to do it with moderation (smaller portions) I recommend you do your research. I know that without the band I wouldn't have been able to lose the little weight that I've lost. My will power is not that great!! I wish you the best of luck with your journey!! If you have any questions of comments feel free to send me a message!! Good luck!!

Tere

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi Marybell, Welcome to LBT.com.There's a lot of knowledge, inspiration & support here. Stick around!

Best Wishes!

thanks! my oldest brother did the surgery in nov of last year and has lost almost 100lbs. he is such a different person on the outside. he still has issues choaking on things. and i never see him eat personally ( we live in different states ) but when i do see him he usually has a kid in his arms and is taking small bites here and there. its def a lifestyle im curious to do. i dont have much choice. when i asked my doctor what my BMI meant. he put down his pen and said simply "60% of your body is fat. not good. for anyone. including a 5'1 27 old like yourself " i felt like crawling inside of myself and dying. i find allot of relief reading the posts from others from pre and op surgery. the feeling of losing 200lbs is actually laughable to me. but reading everyones posts and blogs it seems not to far away. thanks for the welcome.

That's cool you have a brother who is an inspiration to you and can help you through this.

Still expect to see you here though!!lol

I had to do a 6 month diet before getting banded and I also had a physiological evaluation. I don't have any co-morbidity's other than my weight I started at 366 and on the day of surgery I was 347 and as of today I weigh 317 it might not seem like a lot but I feel great and none of my clothes fit anymore!!! Yay for me!! I know that if I exercise more I will lose more but it's so hard with all this weight on me (I get tired so quick) :( I love food myself but little by little I am learning to eat the right things and it's not that hard I'm really never hungry! The band is a new lifestyle you don't have to stop enjoying what you like.

Tere

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi theresa! thanks for the welcome. i was shocked when he said i was 324. when i was in middle school i said id never be 200lbs...when i was a midteen age i said id never be 250. as a adult i said id never be 300. after the birth of my 2nd child in late april i had broke the 300...on my postpartum apt i was 286 but when we were still dealing with allergist and formula changes and hospital stays i lost track of caring about me and more about getting my baby girl healthy. ( she wouldnt poop and it was backing up inside ) now she is 4months and healthy healthy and moving around and just showing her true personality. my 3yr old is kinda in her own lil world phase where mommy doesnt have to be up her hind 24/7.

I want to change befor my girls can remember me like this. I dont want them remembering there mom being the fat mom at school conference and such. i get tired quickly too. i dont mind walking the neighborhood with the girls but in the south ga its humid and yucky! when my size 28 pants didnt fit anymore, i was so sad to have to look online for size 30, ive never been past a size 28. and i never ever seen a size 30 befor in the store like lane bryant. and i hate stretchy pants they are like a bitslap in the face to me "you are to fat to zip a zipper, have a stretchy waist band" sigh. please oh please let his behind be right and 10 weeks ( mid november ) comes fast! thanks for listening

That's cool you have a brother who is an inspiration to you and can help you through this.

Still expect to see you here though!!lol

yah! he is in jacksonville and is a nurse. he jogs ,runs , paddleboards, skateboards,bikes, and all kinds of fitness he never did before its pretty awesome. im jealous of his endurance for sure.