Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question

I had all the liquid taken out of my band last month because i over ate and caused a dilation. With no liquid....can the band still slip if i eat too much?

I don't know, have not been banded yet.

JUST DON'T OVER EAT!!!!!

Stick to your Drs instructions.

lol

There a several reasons why it is important to follow your surgeon's instructions as to proper portion sizes. You don't want to stretch your pouch...or have your band slip.

You've already experienced a negative consequence from eating too much. Instead of asking about if an unfilled band could cause a slip if you overeat...you should be motivated to consider refocusing your attention to comply with your diet.

Just an observation...

That was a general question that i did not ask my doc during my visit and was following up on the info board?

I am not planning on over eating and well aware of the danger i am already in...obviously if i ran into the issue prior and was not aware that i was overeating WITH RESTRICTION...i have alot of anxiety about the risk of overeating with lower restriction.

But thanks for the laughs and support everyone. This makes me really want to be open in the future. Wow.

Didn't mean to make you feel bad and I wasn't going for any laugh's. I'm sorry if that's the way you took it.

I just wanted you to do what your Dr. ordered. Most Drs say between 1/2 to 1 cup of food and that's what I was getting across to you. Don't over eat and follow Drs. orders,period.

Hi

I had all or most of the Fluid out of my band last month but mine was due to reflux issues. I had a scope of my stomach and everything looked fine but the doc said the band is pissing my stomach off and should be removed. Haven't yet decided what to do

But i think with the band being deflated I don't think it will slip. If any thing it may put the band back in the correct place if it slipped b4 the removal of fluid. But not 100%.

I just know I wasn't hungry a lot at the start of the month and now I am hungry and could eat a lot but trying not to

Also not sure why someone who is not banded would even advise anything about this

I had all the liquid taken out of my band last month because i over ate and caused a dilation. With no liquid....can the band still slip if i eat too much?

Hi roro, I would think no as the opening to your stomach is much bigger and food should pass through easier. I asked my doctor this question as I'm always scared to do damage to my band and she told me I would have to constantly be over eating or getting stuck for this to happen. Fingers crossed with all the liquid removed your dilation will go back to normal and you can start your journey again.

Yes, it can still slip, less liely, but still possible. I had almost no Fluid when mine went crazy.

Also not sure why someone who is not banded would even advise anything about this

Maybe I haven't been banded yet, but I have spent everyday for 6mths educating myself to avoid such things happening. I've read numerous books, articles and listening to the pros on this forum.

Basically Sojo (whom I consider a pro) pretty much backed me up. She just said it better.

I also apologized and explained I wasn't trying to hurt her feelings. If she had started her question with "generally speaking". I would have understood her from the get go.

So you don't really know me, or if I'm educated enough to respond. So it goes to show your remark was really off base. J/S

Correct I don't know you and you don't know me

I am glad that you are doung your research amd looking into to the pros you also need to look into the cons also You can research all you want and follow the rules to a T but complications can still happen.

I have had my band for over 5 years and have gone through the ups and downs, fills and unfills following and not following the rules. Also went along time just giving up

So it is kind of hard to have someone say you need To follow what the doctor says when they have not been there yet.

I wish you luck in your journey and hope the band works for you if and when you ever or decide to get it

Maybe I haven't been banded yet' date=' but I have spent everyday for 6mths educating myself to avoid such things happening. I've read numerous books, articles and listening to the pros on this forum.

Basically Sojo (whom I consider a pro) pretty much backed me up. She just said it better.

I also apologized and explained I wasn't trying to hurt her feelings. If she had started her question with "generally speaking". I would have understood her from the get go.

So you don't really know me, or if I'm educated enough to respond. So it goes to show your remark was really off base. J/S[/quote']

Correct I don't know you and you don't know me

I am glad that you are doung your research amd looking into to the pros you also need to look into the cons also You can research all you want and follow the rules to a T but complications can still happen.

I have had my band for over 5 years and have gone through the ups and downs' date=' fills and unfills following and not following the rules. Also went along time just giving up

So it is kind of hard to have someone say you need To follow what the doctor says when they have not been there yet.

I wish you luck in your journey and hope the band works for you if and when you ever or decide to get it[/quote']

All my info had been submitted to insurance company this past Tuesday. So hopefully really soon.

I know there's up & downs and everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but I'm doing everything in my power to make it work to the best of my ability, and that means following Drs orders to a T. I have followed up on the cons also and statistics say only a very few complications are not patient related.

You see I need double knee replacements so I do not have time to mess up.

Everyone I have been following here, who have done very well have said " follow your Dr & nutritionist orders and you will be successful ".

That's what I plan on doing.

I wish you the best on your WL journey!