Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder

I just had my gallbladder removed yesterday. When I woke up from surgery I was in a lot of pain. More than expected. They kept giving me more pain meds and I was still in pain. I recovered fast and had hardly no pain after the lap band. I was expecting the to have roughly the same amount of pain as I had with the lap band which wasn't that much. Has anyone had their gallbladder removed after having lap band and if so how did the pain compare from one surgery to another? Thanks.

i had my gallbladder removed (years before my band) and that hurt worse then my band surgery.

just takes time for our bodies to heal i guess.

take your meds and rest when you can.

all the best honey.

Gall Bladder was much harder then Lap band felt really crappy....

Thanks. I fell better to know that this is normal to feel this bad.

The gallbladder surgery was a lot more pain full than the band.

The gallbladder pain itself was worst then my colon resection

I had my surgery on Monday apr 2 and assumed I would be back to work the following Monday…no way I was still in a lot of pain and unable to move around.. you might want to check with your surgeon as 8 days after the surgery I had another “attack” scared the hell out of me

Saw the surgeon and she did some blood work to be sure my liver was ok and lucky it was.

She thinks that a small stone was still in my system which caused the pain

I told a few other docs about this and they were like that is very common…don’t worry about it unless it continues then it’s another problem…

I really didn’t feel like myself till about 6 weeks post surgery.

Don’t know if it’s getting older, 2 surgeries in 8 months or my general health which has not been so great for about 10 months or so….

On the bright side I haven’t had any more “attacks” the pain, weirdness has gone away and I am back to the gym…

Even if I want to eat fatty foods I can’t…I feel nauseous and if I manage to eat it I have diarrhea right away..not fun but a big deterrent.

Now when I can’t eat a lot because of the band I tell people it’s the lack of a gallbladder and no one even has a full up question. Great excuse to eat small healthy amounts and to avoid fatty foods

It will get better it just takes time

The gallbladder surgery was a lot more pain full than the band.

The gallbladder pain itself was worst then my colon resection

I had my surgery on Monday apr 2 and assumed I would be back to work the following Monday…no way I was still in a lot of pain and unable to move around.. you might want to check with your surgeon as 8 days after the surgery I had another “attack” scared the hell out of me

Saw the surgeon and she did some blood work to be sure my liver was ok and lucky it was.

She thinks that a small stone was still in my system which caused the pain

I told a few other docs about this and they were like that is very common…don’t worry about it unless it continues then it’s another problem…

I really didn’t feel like myself till about 6 weeks post surgery.

Don’t know if it’s getting older, 2 surgeries in 8 months or my general health which has not been so great for about 10 months or so….

On the bright side I haven’t had any more “attacks” the pain, weirdness has gone away and I am back to the gym…

Even if I want to eat fatty foods I can’t…I feel nauseous and if I manage to eat it I have diarrhea right away..not fun but a big deterrent.

Now when I can’t eat a lot because of the band I tell people it’s the lack of a gallbladder and no one even has a full up question. Great excuse to eat small healthy amounts and to avoid fatty foods

It will get better it just takes time

Im getting banded on 9/18....reading some of these blogs I see that people seem to have their gallbladder removed after Lap Band. I am so happy mine was removed 3 yrs ago. I was I more pain with gallbladder surgery than when I had my thyroid removed.i felt like my entire tummy are was on fire! I learned you use your stomach muscles for everything! After 1 week I was good to go. I recovered pretty fast!!!!

I was banded in may and bow I have to get my gallbladder removed as well. The surgeon wants me to wait til I am off Coumadin which will be November. Im really not looking to another surgery but looking forward to the pain from gallbladder to be gone.

They always say u have more pain when they take something out compared to.having something put in! Took my mom six weeks to.recover.from her.gall bladder.removal and it was.very painful! feel better

Banded August 28 2012<br />Starting weight 293<br />Day of surgery weight 273<br />Current weight 258<br />Goal weight 160 5ft 10