Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Day Fellow Banders,

I have made it to day 4 of my liquid diet and I still haven't cheated though I have been tempted to break down. I miss food so much that I had I dream last night that I was eating a nice big juicy burger and steak fries from Red Robin. I woke up feeling guilty until I realized it was a dream! LOL! The power of food and dreams together when you're hungry. It kind of makes me miss the good old days, but I got to leave them where they are, in the past.

2 exciting things happend to me yesterday. I found out that I can chew sugar-free gum, so I asked my brother for a piece of Orbitz spearmint gum and when I popped that thing is my mouth, it was like an intense explosion of flavor. I started chewing that piece of gum like it was about to pop right out of my mouth. I mean, I couldn't get enough of this piece of gum. I eventually hustled my brother for the rest of the pack and threatend everyone within an inch of their life if they even thought about taking a piece. Then I realized it's gum, why am I getting so crazy over gum! Ahh, flavor! The intensity, I've never experienced gum like this before and I've chewed gum since I've had teeth.

Call the "5" gum people and tell them to put me into one of those commercials and I will have the world so convinced of the experience, that everyone would want to go on a taste less liquid diet to know what "we all" are going through. What's even more excitng is that I coupled it with a nice cold glass of peach-mango green tea crystal light and I'll leave the details to the reaction I had to your imagination. Pure ecstacy I tell ya! When your hungry, you'll create anything to keep from going crazy.

Lastly, I stepped on the scale this monring and in just 3 days, I have lost 13 pounds! I was like DAMN!!! (Excuse my language), but if I had discovered this ages ago, maybe every once in a while I would've done this as a kick start to a diet. I mean it really tests your will power and if you can make through this you should be able to make through any other diet out there! Agree? Not to mention, I'm in a moderate stage of ketosis, minus the bad breath or smell while urinating (sorry to be blunt, but hey we are all going throuhg some form of trial or tribualtion, plus we are all adults here).

As always, I hope that you all are having great victories and meeting milestones in your Quest for whatever it is you may be seeking (i.e. health, vanity, or both). Me, I'm more about my health, I'm married so I guess working on my looks doesn't really matter anymore (LMFAO!!!). Don't tell my wife I said that!

Have a great day everyone!

V/r,

DeShawn Johnson

Good luck to you. I am on Day 2. Day 1 was tough getting those shakes down. They are mandatated by my surgeons so no substitute. I managed 3/4 and the vanilla one was nasty. I did end up having to have 3 trisket crackers to control the nausea. I think it is part taste and part smell, they smell bad. So off to the store for a bag of straws and today I added instant coffee to the vanilla, and blasted it with ice in the bullet. It certainly tasted better and drinking thru a straw bypassed the foul smell. I am not sure i will get 4 in today and will certainly try for the 3rd. I still have my fruit and veggie serving that I can have so add a shake and that seems like alot.

I have been drinking like mad and have not found myself really hungry. Keep in mind it is only day 2.

Good luck to you and keep going because I am right behind you.

Good luck to you - I am only on day 1 and I feel like I'm going to die of starvation. I know I'm not going to, but this is so incredibly hard. Didn't think it would be this hard. Does it get easier?

Hahaha I love your sense of humor! I had this visual image of you hunched over a pack of gum like a lion with prey, growling and threatening anyone foolish enough to go near it. Too funny! :D

Congrats on sticking to your liquid diet and weight loss! You're off to a great start!!

I'm on day 4 and i haven't been hungry. Granted I miss eating. I would recommend drinking more Protein till you are satiated. This isn't supposed to be torture.

I am also on day 4 and I feel fine , headache was no joke at first but finally go over that....the key is DRINK Water and V8 fusions ...all day or Vitamin water . I am allowed one can of Soup a day so I do this at lunch , today I could not even finish my soup I was too full from all the liquids I have had all day . :) good luck in your journey.

Today was my 4th day as well.

I'm allowed 3-4 protien shakes, broth and clear sf liquids. Tomorrow I drop the protien and can only have sf liquid. Surprisingly, I have not cheated! But can def relate to dreaming about food. The 1st night I had a dream that I was in a sea of milk, floating on a giant donut!! and could not stop eating that donut to save my live! Lol