Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A La Board, Banded 8/30/12

@ rumcookies5: Outstanding numbers!! Very exciting.

I am not sure how to tell if I am really full or not. I know that seems strange, but it is true. I get really belchy and that is what makes me stop eating, not the food itself. I have not had a fill yet so that is probably part of the issue. Looking forward to discovering the new us with all of you.

Not strange at all! It took me months to finally figure out what "full" meant and what it felt like! I had eaten what I wanted for so long and always finished my food, whether I was over full or not, so I had no idea there was a feeling of fullness. I only knew that I was stuffed when I was done. =) Now I eat much slower and give my brain a chance to catch up. With the bamd, in my case anyway, my full feeling is kind of a tight feeling. Good luck!

Hey guys it sounds like everyone is doing great. I just had my first doc apt. i've lost 25 pounds...feeling good. My STRICT doc let me go to full liquids and I couldn't be happier!! i told him I loved him. lol so just enjoyed a cup of roasted red pepper and Tomato Soup with a lil bit of gouda. It was devine.

I'm having an extremely HARD time with the Protein b/c they are usually all so sweet and have a nasty taste...BUT i think it wasn't helping b/c the lack of flavor in my Clear Liquids was really making me nauseated!! so hopefully i'll get back on track with my shakes! don't wanna loose any hair...defeats the purpose of me growing it out the past two years dang it!!

Hope all is well. i just finally got on a computer...this site is a lil wonky on the app btw ;)

Congratulations!

Thank you suebee!

I have a question. I'm horrified of vomiting..even pre surgery and even more scared now. Lol I think my swelling and everything has gone down. I just don't know how much I should be eating/drinking. I know my band is empty, and liquids seem to go straight through me. I'm not really eating until i'm full I just eat around 2 ounces and then call it quits but it doesn't feel like enough. ....btw I am on a full liquid diet but I've already incorporated mashed pot and cottage cheese with no issues at all. i'm just feeling a bit lost. :/

So I guess my question is how much should I be eating/drinking?

Don't worry about not eating enough. At first, I could only eat 1/2 c of mushies. When I was on liquids, I just made sure the Protein added up to 60-70 grams and drank Water the rest of the time. Sometimes it would take me an hour to drink my Protein Drink. That is ok. It is all liquid so no worries!

I wouldn't be eating mashed potatoes just because there is no nutritional value, strictly carbs and calories. If you want something other than a Protein Drink, try Tomato Soup or any other Soup in a blender and strained. You really EEC to stick to the liquids as long as you can to help your stomach heal.

You will feel bloated for several weeks due to the gas and swelling. Ask questions any time. There are many people here that will help!