Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 30Lbs

I've only lost 30 lbs since March 19th(surgery date). I am so frustrated. I am at 4cc and no restriction. Some foods get stuck if I don't chew well, but thats about it. I am no good at dieting on my own, hence the lapband insertion. I've started eating carbs and bigger portions. I told myself today, is the day. I've gotta get back on track! Its hard, though. How do some of ya'll do it? Should I have lost more by now? Help!

I've only lost 30 lbs since March 19th(surgery date). I am so frustrated. I am at 4cc and no restriction. Some foods get stuck if I don't chew well' date=' but thats about it. I am no good at dieting on my own, hence the lapband insertion. I've started eating carbs and bigger portions. I told myself today, is the day. I've gotta get back on track! Its hard, though. How do some of ya'll do it? Should I have lost more by now? Help![/quote']

We all want to feel that omgoodness I'm full feeling..restriction...it will come...I was banded feb 22 and I to have lost slow only 40 some lbs

We all want to feel that omgoodness I'm full feeling..restriction...it will come...I was banded feb 22 and I to have lost slow only 40 some lbs

Sorry sent befor finished....

I have 8.5 cc now in my band and can honestly feel full after a normal size meal...also been having some stuck times when I don't chew...so give it time....congrts on your 30 lbs so far !!!!

I'm sorry you're struggling.

When you say you have no restriction, are you aware of what the band is and isn't supposed to do? The band isn't supposed to make you feel full, nor is it supposed to restrict what or how much you eat. The only thing the band is supposed to do is help you to feel satisfied on less food for longer periods of time. Satisfied means not physically hungry but has nothing to do with the sensation of being full.

Carbs aren't necessarily a bad thing so long as you're eating smart carbs in moderation. As far as bigger portions, there's a saying around here that is very true: "Just because you can eat something it doesn't mean you should". Stick to the band portion of a cup or less of food per meal.

About how many calories do you eat in a day? Do you get in all your Protein daily?

So, why haven't you gone in for a fill? Seems like that's what you need?

I took 5.5 months to lose my first 30.

tmf

Thanks for taking the time to comment and help out a struggler. I have gone in for fills once a month since 6weeks out. First was 2, than 1, now he only gives me 1/2 every visit. He says its a slow process, to be patient. Yes, I know what and how much, I'm supposed to eat. Its just easier said than done. The first 3 months, I did awesome ate what I was supposed to and would get on here daily to get support and ideas just from reading other's posts. But, I was doing it alone and got impatient. My first step was to get on here and get some, motivation, a certain amount of accountability and even some tough love.

P.s. So far it doesn't make me feel satisfied for even an hour.

It sounds like you definitely need more Fluid in your band, then.

Before I had adequate Fluid in mine, I concentrated on calories. I knew I was going to be starving in an hour or two after only a cup of food, so I spread out my daily calories to allow me to eat every couple hours. For me, that was what allowed me to consistently lose even before I had good restriction.

I had to wait 14 weeks post op for my first fill, and still have only 3.5 cc in my band.

It's important to understand the difference between "head hunger" and real physical hunger. The band does nothing to help with the "head hunger".

The only way I was able to loose weight initially was to use drinking Water and other SF/FF fluids to try to trip the hunger signals in my pouch to turn off. And I got skilled at using distraction as another tool to assist me. Every drawer, cabinet and closet in my house is clean, organized, and has only our essentials in them. It's been a real win-win for me.

Best wishes...

I've "only" lost about 30 since surgery, but am thrilled with my loss. I lost about 20 pre-surgery, and went into the Lapband as a lifestyle change. I do track food, but eat what I want and go about life in a healthier way.

Could I have lost more? sure. But, I didn't want to be a slave to another diet. You just need to find what works for you. What are you eating on a daily basis?

Also, I only have between 4.5 to 5cc in my band and feel I am at a decent level.

I've "only" lost about 30 since surgery' date=' but am thrilled with my loss. I lost about 20 pre-surgery, and went into the Lapband as a lifestyle change. I do track food, but eat what I want and go about life in a healthier way.

Could I have lost more? sure. But, I didn't want to be a slave to another diet. You just need to find what works for you. What are you eating on a daily basis?

Also, I only have between 4.5 to 5cc in my band and feel I am at a decent level.[/quote']

So glad to see this as I'm using the same approach. I had survey on 4/24, am at about 5 ccs and have lost 32 lbs. Could I have lost more by now? Yeah, but I am trying to make a lifestyle change I can live with.

To the OP, Congrats on your 30 lbs! Each day is a new day and each food choice is a new chance to start over. Hang in there!