Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Large Fill Volumes

My surgeon has been pretty aggressive with my fills. The first one was from zero to 5.5. I did great and continued to loose. This time he filled from 5.5 to 8. I am doing ok and don't feel too tight. Has anyone else expirienced fills this quickly. From all the threads I have read, it looks like fill volumes are much lower than what my doctor recommends. Thanks for any feedback.

Forgot to mention I have a realize band.

My doc does 1cc at a time... (only had my first one on Monday). I think it's a $ thing although he said he will do one each month. If the realize band is the 14cc band, that's what I got too

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

It all depends on your doctor as long as your not to tight your fine. My surgery was May 23 I had my first fill on July 21, my doctor put 5cc in on my fist fill July 31st and I just got my second fill yesterday of 2cc yesterday. I have a 10cc band.

I think it has to do with the type of band you have and the doctors expierence and the individual. OMG 5cc in the beginning would have shut me down. After 5 years I only have 4 cc's in a 10 cc band and I could not tolerate even the smallest of fills now. I say this because of expierence.

It is because you have a Realize band. It needs more fill to achieve any kind of restriction.

The only issue I have with this practice is what happens when your filled completely and can no longer get fills. I am almost three years out and need my band the rest of my life. I have 3 cc's and yes I have to do some of the work myself but I am not in any hurry to get this thing filled up and then have nothing to use.

I have the Lap-Band AP Large with a max fill volume of 14 cc. My surgeon put 1 cc in the band at surgery to "prime" it; my first fill was 3 cc; my second fill was 2 cc and I am NOT in the green zone. My next fill is scheduled for September 5th and I am betting he sticks with 2 cc's. That will make a total of 8 cc and I am hoping I will FINALLY be in the green zone. . . . only time will tell. It has been a tough 5 months with this Bandster H-E-*-*-

I also have a Realize band, and currently have 3.5 cc of Fluid in it. I'm not quite to the "green zone", however even .5 cc of fill has made a dramatic difference in my level of restriction. I'm not convinced that I want any additional restriction, as it's important for me to be able to swallow pills.

I am totally alright with my surgeon being conservative with fills...especially after experiencing how much difference .5 cc made in my restriction. I would not view conservative fills as a way for the surgeon's practice to increase revenue.

Other's mileage may vary...

I'm a firm believer of conservative fills and realize my band journey has been slower but successful in surgeon and team's eyes. I've got 25 pounds to goal and know that another fill could make it or break it on if it is too tight. So in the meantime, I wait until October 15/16 to see how it goes before my appontment.

If the fill levels work for you then your doctor is doing right by you, some people need smaller fills and a more gentle approach some manage fine with more agressive fills. I think theres a few on here that would have loved a more agressive approach, As it is working for you then be content that u are where it takes some over 6 months of fills to get to :)

Thank you fort all of your feedback. I am still doing great and have started loosing weight again. I think my concern is when I reach my max... Then what...

I also have a realize band and have 9.5cc in a 11cc band. I do feel restriction when I eat meats and dry food, but a lotof things can still slip right thru. So I really need to watch myself. They continue to tell me it is only a tool and that the person really needs be do alot of the work and be very motivated.