Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Hungry At Dinner/evenings

Hi, for those who have had their lapbands for a while, do you find your lunch or dinner is the largest meal of the day?

I'm finding i'm quite hungry around dinner time, where i'll eat my cup of food for dinner and i'm usually keen for a small snack a few hours later. I'm rarely hungry for Breakfast, typically having a milky coffee and also tend to have a reasonably light or small lunch.< /p>

I've just had a fill and dont feel comfortable getting another fill in the near term, given i'm rarely hungry throughout the day, exercise most days and in tracking calories tend to stay under 1000 per day.

I was interested to know if any other bandsters feel like this as well? This is one of the biggest changes i've noted post surgery, where i previously had a much lighter dinner. Just interested for those who also eat their biggest meal of the day at dinner, whether its been an issue for them in continuing to lose weight.

Honestly, my relationship with food has been so screwed up that I'm having to learn what "real" hunger feels like. I think that sometimes when I feel hunger it's not actually my body saying "you need food, " it's me being bored and my inner voice saying "eat something."

That being said, I think I'm pretty much in my green zone, so I'd say my hunger is under control, but it's still there every now and then in the evenings. One of my new rules for myself though is no food after 7pm, and the main reason for that is that I'm trying to develop a healthy eating schedule, and not listen to that side of me that doesn't actually need food.

D.

My biggest meal of the day is definitely dinner. I can be fine all day long, but come dinner time, I'm very hungry. I try to really load up on Protein for dinner because I know nighttime is when I struggle with old eating habits the most.

Having dinner be my biggest meal of the day has never hurt my weight loss at all

dinner is also my biggest meal of the day because that is when I will have a starch with my meal. Don't think it hindered my weightloss. As long as you keep your calories under control, you should be fine.

i would say lunch is my biggest. i am not (hungry) in the a.m. and have a Protein Shake on my way to work. i eat around 12-1230 during the week for lunch and dont get hungry til around 7ish..but i do make myself something to eat if hungry. all the best.

lunch is my biggest meal of the day. I wish I could make Breakfast my largest, but I'm just not that hungry in the morning and that's when I am the tightest. Breakfast I usually have 1 egg and 1-2 pieces of bacon w/cup of coffee. If I stay hydrated until lunch I can usually eat a fairly big salad (spinach greens w/chicken and cottage cheese) then by dinner time I'm eating a piece of meat with a small side (like dinner yesterday I had a burger w/cheese no bread and half a Tomato sliced with parm cheese, pepper and olive oil drizzled on top)

I'd rather have lunch as my biggest meal because at least I have the rest of the day to burn off some of what I ate.