Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Help..

This is my 1st post here. My boyfriend just got me an elliptical which I'm happy to say I started today.. 10mins and I was done.. I know I have to start slow but my question is,,,, what is a good time limit to be on it? How many days a week to start? I'm losing slow, which I'm ok with.. but would like to see faster results..

I'm no expert but I started out doing 30 minutes 3 days a week. I used a treadmill and walked slow.

I then started increasing my pace each time but still only 30 minutes.

As I lost weight and became more fit I began strength training 3 days and cardio 5 days. I always increase the difficulty. I am a runner so I vary my workout by having long slow run days (an hour) and sprint interval days (to increase my pace) and fun run days. I always do a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days per week.

You have to continually increase intensity but you do not want to jump out the gate going too hard. Take it slow and go at your own pace.

You need to be listening to your body to help you identify how much exercise is safe for you to engage in. My surgeon recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio/weights daily for as many days of the week that you can do.

That's fine for people who are fit, but starting out to become more fit and active, that schedule is not necessarily realistic. If you feel pain, EVER, you need to stop immediately your exercise. This is about increasing level of fitness, not about injuring yourself.

Over time, you will no doubt be able to increase your time and level of difficulty for exercise...but begin with realistic goals.

Thank you for both of your inputs.. I am way out of shape.. exercise was never there besides running after the kids.. :-). I know in my heart I can do this,, I just need my mind and body to catch up.. also support is important.. I now have that home...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches