Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome, and congrats in starting your weight loss surgery journey. Maybe you can put some fears to rest as you read through other members' posts and post your own questions.

Welcome and congrats! There's lots of supportive people here. You will be fine, don't stress. Calm your fears, we've all had those feelings. Wishing you the best.

Congratulations and try not to worry. You will do just fine :)

Congratulations! And soon you will be on the "other" side.

Thank u all so much!! This is just the support I need!! U are all such wonderful people and I cannot wait to meet more along my journey.

Hello everyone. I'm Mike. I started my lap-band journey six months ago with the initial seminal. Three months ago I received approval from Medicaid and began my required pre-op diet. This Thursday I go to the surgeon to begin all my pre-op blood work and other requirements. Now that that the ball is rolling I am becoming more nervous and anxious. I think one of the worst things that I could have done is researched pro's and con's online and on YouTube, one of the most things that I am nervous about is band slippage and what medical consequences could result from it, but I am still determined more then ever to go though with it. I'm, 38 years old and presently I'm at 324 pounds, the largest I've been in my entire life. My quality of life is "0". I'm hoping to get my weight down to 200-200 and start living again. I've been a drug addict since I was 17 and have been totally clean and drug free since February 16, 2010. When I got clean it seems that I switched one addiction (drugs) for another (food). I'm very excited and looking forward to my new healthy, weight-controlled life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. You'll probably he hearing a lot more from me post-op. Peace. One love!

Welcome and congratulations on your steps towards better health!

I know it's a lot easier said than done, but try to breath deeply and relax. It's a relatively minor surgery and the recovery time is pretty quick. You'll be all done and happily living with your new band before you know it. :)

They recovery period is not easy but it is worth it. I'm three days in and so excited about what is to come. Remember the recovery is just a moment in time. This too shall pass!

Hi my name is Julie. I'm new to this Group scheduled for my surgery the 5th of September. So excited, to finally begin my weight loss journey and get back to the real girl that's been trapped inside for the past 20 years!

Hello everyone. I'm Mike. I started my lap-band journey six months ago with the initial seminal. Three months ago I received approval from Medicaid and began my required pre-op diet. This Thursday I go to the surgeon to begin all my pre-op blood work and other requirements. Now that that the ball is rolling I am becoming more nervous and anxious. I think one of the worst things that I could have done is researched pro's and con's online and on YouTube, one of the most things that I am nervous about is band slippage and what medical consequences could result from it, but I am still determined more then ever to go though with it. I'm, 38 years old and presently I'm at 324 pounds, the largest I've been in my entire life. My quality of life is "0". I'm hoping to get my weight down to 200-200 and start living again. I've been a drug addict since I was 17 and have been totally clean and drug free since February 16, 2010. When I got clean it seems that I switched one addiction (drugs) for another (food). I'm very excited and looking forward to my new healthy, weight-controlled life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. You'll probably he hearing a lot more from me post-op. Peace. One love!

Welcome, Mike, and extra congrats on your 2+ years of sobriety. The transfer addiction that you experienced after getting off drugs may challenge you again when you can't abuse food, so I hope you'll continue your addiction recovery work when you're banded.

Hi my name is Julie. I'm new to this Group scheduled for my surgery the 5th of September. So excited, to finally begin my weight loss journey and get back to the real girl that's been trapped inside for the past 20 years!

Welcome, Julie. Your surgery is just around the corner, how exciting!

Welcome, Mike, and extra congrats on your 2+ years of sobriety. The transfer addiction that you experienced after getting off drugs may challenge you again when you can't abuse food, so I hope you'll continue your addiction recovery work when you're banded.

Thanks Jean, that was an issue that crossed my mind and one that my doctor and I discussed at length.. In respect to the forum here and without going into detail, within the last three months I was taken off of Suboxone which is a medicine used to treat drug addiction. My doctor even told me that once more and I'm dead. Honestly, after the slew of tests, I was surprised that my insurance even approved me for the lap-band procedure. I am faithful in attending my recovery meeting every week and am a peer counselor with youth at risk. Once an addict, always addict but days of using are behind me. I feel that I have the continuous support of family and friends as well as the ongoing tool of recovery that I can succeed. Thank you so much for your caring and concern, that really means a lot me. Abrazos!

Thanks Jean, that was an issue that crossed my mind and one that my doctor and I discussed at length.. In respect to the forum here and without going into detail, within the last three months I was taken off of Suboxone which is a medicine used to treat drug addiction. My doctor even told me that once more and I'm dead. Honestly, after the slew of tests, I was surprised that my insurance even approved me for the lap-band procedure. I am faithful in attending my recovery meeting every week and am a peer counselor with youth at risk. Once an addict, always addict but days of using are behind me. I feel that I have the continuous support of family and friends as well as the ongoing tool of recovery that I can succeed. Thank you so much for your caring and concern, that really means a lot me. Abrazos!

My prediction is that your attendance at recovery meetings and your work as a peer counselor will help you tremendously as you move forward. Buena suerte!