Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iam Just getting everthing setup for my banding. hopfully It will happen the first part of May. I just found this forum and it has been very helpfull and supportive. I am 280LB and tired of being on a rollercoster lose 25 gain 30 and so on and so on:hungry:. I am shure many here know the felling. I go for my first consultation April 18th. Iam looking for a weight some place between 175 and 185 I think.... humm thin that can be confusing. I ts been a long time, but a fellow can hope. I really fell sorry for all the money The fast food industry will lose from my lack funds I will be spending with them:D Cant wait to get started

P.S. all support will be great help

welcome willybe,

this band is great. i had been looking into this procedure for two years. i just found this community in january. i learned as much since january as i was able to learn in the two years prior.

i followed through with the consult in early february, and was banded march 13, a week ago today.

i have a lower bmi, starting at 38, i weighed 207 @ 5'2" on the day of the consult. i need to lose about 75 lbs or so. i was self pay, so i didnt have to hassle with insurance and unnecessary pre-op testing.

this place is a, a, (someone help me with a word...pnut? gimme some of that word bank!) this place is an information explosion. if you do a little research on here, you will find about anything you could imagine concerning the band.(or your love life, or your preference for Walmart vs. target, or _________you name it!!)

fyi, there is a forum for newbies to gain a foundation for navigating and interpreting this board. it will be very helpful if you find yourself having trouble with our throwed off abbreviations.

welcome to LBT!! Good luck on your band journey...and play nice. be careful what you ask for, cuz you just might get it here!

I love PHAT PHOLKS

Welcome Willybe... Hope you enjoy the forum, I'm fairly new here too but everyone has been very nice and supportive. (Even when I asked the same ole' same ole' questions after surgery.

It's like you know what to expect until it happens then here you are asking "Am I supposed to have Gas Pain" or something like that.... Everyone has been more then helpful and enjoyable to be around. (in Cyperspace)

:welcome: Willybe

You will love LBT!! It's a great place for support, info and making friends!

Good luck on going thru the band process!!!

:(I am right there with you on the fast food!!!! Spending my money else where!!!!!

I want to thank all of you for answering me.. there seem to be alot of great people on here..I suppose we are all in the same boat paddeling with the same oar going around in circules..sorry for the spelling I just woke up, and trying to get ready for work....I have only been a member for about 12 hoours and I love this place. Its nice to have have someone to talk to. that has been there and has now got there boat going in the rite direction...thanks again. Its not working anymore but iam still doing the weightwatchers thing, while iam weighting, at lest iam not giving up. I willl say this for weigh watchers my colestrol droped from 311 to 172:clap2:. but as for the weight:cry its no longer working and i have even gained about 15. bye for now and thanks again

hello everyone I'm new to this site I have been considering the lapband surgery for about a year. but I have'nt been able to do much research I'm actually considering having the surgery through lite'nfree in Monterray Mexico. Can anyone give me some input on what my first step is. I'm 27 5'3 190lb my insurance will not pay for the surgery. can someone offer some advise, my goal are to lose 50lb and finally have my weight under control. I wanted to have the surgery with lite'n free because they perform their surgery at the oca hospital which is consider one of the best hospital in Mexico.

Welcome Willybe! This is a great place to research and find great support. I have lurked here for a year before I registered and had surgery on 7-27-05. It is a journey and everyone is individual but still many similarities.

I used to wonder what they were talking about, PB'ing but you do learn for yourself soon enough. Good luck and hope to share your journey.