Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biotin Ahead Of Time = No Hair Loss Post Op???

So i have a question... i am just starting this journey and have read that Hair loss is common and Biotin can help but it takes months to work. So i was wondering if i start taking it now, i probably wont have my surgery for a couple of months, could it make it where i dont have hair loss??

Curious about this too. I started my Biotin a week ago and will be banded on the 27th. Hoping to maybe avoid this side effect. My hair is thin enough as it is...

That's going to depend on what is causing the hair loss, the anesthetic and drugs or a lack of proper nutrients. If the Hair loss if from the anesthetic and drugs, then the Biotin won't stop it (if it's going to happen) but can help your hair recover faster after. If it's from lack of nutrients, the Biotin can help lessen it but not prevent it entirely.

I actually asked my hair dresser this a couple months ago and that is what she told me.

I started taking mega doses of Biotin before surgery because hairloss was one of my biggest fears.

I still lost about 40% of my hair. I tried many other things as well and nothing but time helped. Thank God my hair grew back in.

My understanding is that Biotin won't stop Hair loss, it will just make your hair grow back a little faster. I'm 6.5 months post-surgery and I have been experiencing hair loss since about three months, and started Biotin at that time. In the morning when I Shampoo, there's still a lot of hair loss, but overall it's not noticeable.

Well i have a ton of hair, i actually get it thinned but i wont be getting it thinned anymore until i find out how soon i can get my surgery. I guess i could try it incase it is from not enough nutrients so it can hopefully lessen the Hair loss. Thanks for the info everyone :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches