Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does The Band Last For Life?

My surgeon said the band will last for life, he said as long as I follow the rules and don't abuse it and it doesn't slip or erode then there is no reason to get it removed. But I hear other people say it only lasts 10-15-20 years? I'm a bit worried now, how will I afford surgery to get it removed! :( I'm still paying off the loan for gettin the band :( what do you guys reckon?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

This is strictly my opinion. I am not a doctor and this is only based on my own knowledge of medical implants.

Heart valves, insulin pumps, replacement hips and knees, all devices medically implanted into the body have a shelf life. If you live long enough, you'll likely end up needing maintenance and/or replacements. A good example: My grandma had a hip replacement when she was 78 years old. Because of her age, her hip will last the rest of her life. My mother had a knee replacement when she was 40 years old. Because of her young age at the time, she will need another knee replacement during her lifetime.

It doesn't matter what type of medical device you have implanted, if you live long enough, chances are good eventually it'll have to be replaced or removed.

Being as the Lap-Band hasn't been around 20 plus years yet, it's hard to honestly say how long it will last. But just like a diabetic with an implanted insulin pump for 15 years wouldn't think twice about replacing it when they outlive the pump's life, I wouldn't think twice about replacing my band if that same day comes in my future.

dont get mad but instead of worrying about the what if it breaks or something like that, how about thinking how much better your life will be when you get healthier and lose weight?? worrying about something that may or may not happen is pointless. live in the now.

all the best and good luck with your upcoming surgery.

I think she was just curious. To me the risk of it needing to be replaced is worth the reward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have breast implants due to them being different sizes. I've had them for over 10 years and when one pops I'll deal with it then :)

I've worried about the same thing, but have decided not to, until it happens...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches