Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had My Pre Op Appt. Made Me More Nervous!

Two weeks until my surgery! It's getting closer I am so excited. When they gave me all the information on the lap band and nutrition information I became nervous. I am so afraid I will not be able to change me eating habits!! My worst fear is I'll do this surgery and it won't work for me! I know it isn't good to think that way bc if you think you'll fail then you just might. I need a boost of confidence in myself. I have dieted before but this will be more important and a life style change. I want to prove to myself and everyone I know I can be successful losing weight!! My weight will never hold me back from being truly happy. Does anyone feel like I do? I just feel like I won't find anything to eat thats healthy enough. Obviously why I am fat is bc I'd never stick with a diet bc I would cheat or get bored or run out of foods to eat. I guess with lap band I can still have a half turkey sandwich whole wheat bread with low fat cheese no mayo. Also some fruit and low fat crackers. If I can even eat all that. That's another thing. Fills. I want to be restricted so I won't over eat! I don't wanna have to come back several times! I want it tight so it'll work from the get go!! I guess I need to relax and set my mind now before surgery day and so my body isn't shocked.

Everyone worries that the band won't work, and about the lifestyle changes, so you're totally normal in that regard. However, they won't put much, if any fill in at the time of surgery, so your stomach has time to heal, and adapt to the new band. You're going to be swollen for a bit after surgery anyway, so you likely won't have much of an appetite or will be full very quickly initially.

Then, once you're healed, your appetite is going to come back with a vengeance, and that's called bandster hell. It might take 3 or 4 or more fills before you get to the green zone, and the band will start to help you. Until then, you'll be on your own to count calories, or somehow restrict your intake.

Good luck!

I seen some people are getting there fills just right on the first try or at least the second try. I hope that will be my luck. I need to start dieting now and drinking a lot of Water now. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches