Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I Need An Unfill Or Did My Band Slip?

I have an appointment in a few hours with the surgeon but want to see if this is normal

On aug 3 I got a fill – did the 2 days liquids – then when I started the soft food started to not feel so good. Stomach hurt and I had diarrhea I didn’t think it was weird because the liquid diet usually gives me diarrhea (I am missing a chunk of my colon from the colon cancer and have bowel control issued due to the 5 surgeries on my ass for the anal fistula) I also had my period (more pain, cramps and diarrhea) I was eating very little and feeling very crummy

On wed last week I had bad stomach problems diarrhea so bad I couldn’t leave the house

Got a little better by the weekend but still not normal…tried on sun/mon this week to eat real foods (not hungry though) and after a few bites I felt nauseous and stopped.

I still have pain in my stomach were the port is, the pain is a dull constant pain that gets worst when I eat or drink. I kind of feel like my stomach is being squeezed (not sure if this is in my head or my stomach)

Had diarrhea twice today at work after eating and still have the stomach pain.

Called the doc office at nyu and they said to come in this afternoon

I hope it’s just the stomach bug everyone around me has…maybe I need a slight unfill

Hope it’s not bad…I am deathly afraid of the port slipping

Wish me luck

Doesn't sound like a slip to me. If you've been around people with a stomach virus, that sounds like the culprit. However, it's always better to err on the side of caution and see your doctor.

I would also say that it sounds like a stomach bug.

The doc says it’s probably nothing just the stomach bug everyone has and i need an little unfill

IT’s not a slip

Though when I told her about the feeling of something squeezing my stomach --- she got very serious

Said it’s not in my head, it could be that the band tubing is wrapped around an organ

It’s not life threatening but can be very painful….she took out the last fill and by the time I left nyu felt better… the pain is about 85% gone but still hurts a little…I am supposed to call on fri and if I am still in pain she will order a cat scan…….

Have been under a lot of stress (not band related) the past 2 weeks and wonder if the stress and the overfill are causing the problem….don’t want a scan if I can avoid it (since the colon cancer in 2006 I have had a lot of scans) but don’t want to be silly and miss a problem because of a scan.

I think if I still have the pain tomorrow morning I will call and if the doc wants schedule the cat scan

When does life get any easier?

Working at a childcare center/preschool, there have been summer stomach bugs all over our county and across the U.S. I get scared too wen my stomach is feeling funny. Hydrate!!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3x7zPz/