Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Before Your Incision Sites Were No Longer Sore?

Just curious how long it too for the incision site pain to go away? I am 5 days post op and am getting better each day but my left side with the biggest incision through my muscle is still pretty sore and I have one in my bra line which I am nervous to have to go back to work and wear a bra so just curious on everyone else's experiences?

I would say ten days to two weeks. Mine took longer because I had an infection and a hematoma, they took 3-4 weeks. They are still sore if I wear pants with buttons and I'm uncomfortable wearing a bra.

I would say ten days to two weeks. Mine took longer because I had an infection and a hematoma' date=' they took 3-4 weeks. They are still sore if I wear pants with buttons and I'm uncomfortable wearing a bra.[/quote']

How did you find out you had an infection? I had surgery yesterday and I'm in SO much pain and my wounds are oozing and I have a hot temp. Worried.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

How did you find out you had an infection? I had surgery yesterday and I'm in SO much pain and my wounds are oozing and I have a hot temp. Worried.

What color are your wounds oozing? Does it smell? Are they red? Do you have a fever? Call your doctor ASAP. You shouldnt have any drainage from incision sites. You need to be on antibiotics. I had a hematoma/seroma which turned into an infection. It was oozing yellow Fluid from the port incision. I was in major pain. My incisions and stomach were hot and felt as if they were burning. My doctor put me on antibiotics for a week and I wash them with dial/antibacterial soap and Water everyday to keep them clean. Let me know if you have any other questions, but please call your doc ASAP so you can get on antibiotics and prevent your port from getting infected! Not trying to scare you, but your health comes first! Xoxo

What color are your wounds oozing? Does it smell? Are they red? Do you have a fever? Call your doctor ASAP. You shouldnt have any drainage from incision sites. You need to be on antibiotics. I had a hematoma/seroma which turned into an infection. It was oozing yellow Fluid from the port incision. I was in major pain. My incisions and stomach were hot and felt as if they were burning. My doctor put me on antibiotics for a week and I wash them with dial/antibacterial soap and Water everyday to keep them clean. Let me know if you have any other questions' date=' but please call your doc ASAP so you can get on antibiotics and prevent your port from getting infected! Not trying to scare you, but your health comes first! Xoxo[/quote']

Yea I might call tomorrow, they are oozing kind of a little bit of yellow at the sides, the nurse said it was ok and put plasters over them, but I now have a fever, like I'm hot and cold, I will phone the doctor tomorrow and see what she says. I'm just in so much pain :( maybe I'm over reacting.

Yea I might call tomorrow' date=' they are oozing kind of a little bit of yellow at the sides, the nurse said it was ok and put plasters over them, but I now have a fever, like I'm hot and cold, I will phone the doctor tomorrow and see what she says. I'm just in so much pain :( maybe I'm over reacting.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Yeah, mine was oozing yellow on one side! I hope it's not an infection! It might just be serous Fluid. Call your doc tomorrow and have him look at the incisions and Fluid. Make sure you tell him you have a fever and chills. Those are usually signs of infection :/ get well soon, dear! Keep is updated!

Yeah' date=' mine was oozing yellow on one side! I hope it's not an infection! It might just be serous Fluid. Call your doc tomorrow and have him look at the incisions and Fluid. Make sure you tell him you have a fever and chills. Those are usually signs of infection :/ get well soon, dear! Keep is updated![/quote']

Thanks, yea I hope it's not an infection :( I'm only out of the hospital yesterday! Il check my wounds in the morning and phone if it's still oozing, thanks for your advice though :)