Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Many Variations...

I know we all have diff docs who give us a million diff suggestions because we are all very diff people, but it's just amazing to me to see all the variations! I see people posting things asking for suggestions on snacks... I'm not even allowed to snack! I see people asking about orange juices and other drinks... I'm also not supposed to have anything citrusy and am limited on my sugar. Some people have a 2 week liquid diet pre-op (like me)... Some people are scheduled for surgery 3 days after their insurance approves it? Don't they all attend medical school and learn the same things? Just like when we were in elementary and all learned the same subjects. It's confusing... It makes me want to try other things and see if it boosts my weight loss, but I am also scared to deviate too far fro my docs plan. Ugh.

I have noticed this also. I follow my doc's orders as best as I can.

I just read that your Dr, dietitian, nutritionist & psychologist are your team. Ask them your question's not anyone else. Seems like good advice.j/s

Y'know, I am also wondering this. I'm especially curious as to why my doc put me on a two week pre-op Atkins diet when EVERYONE else here seems to only be allowed liquids for 2 weeks??

Also, he has NO problem with carbonation. He warns of hideous belching, and to only drink diet, but says its OK. Everyone else on here is told to run from soda like the plague.

It made me very wary of my doc, but i just keep reminding myself to trust him...

It sure is strange though!

This proves to me that there's no one right way to do this. For that reason, I like to read about the different approaches that work for people and differing advice they're given. I know that I would have a big problem if I had to eat beef liver all the time but that might be just the ticket for someone else.

Posts on this forum have helped me know what questions to ask at my appointments so, Lapbandster, you might ask your doctor why he is OK with carbonated drinks when nobody else is. You can and should (in my opinion) trust your doctor but that doesn't mean you can't ask questions.

Might want to really get knowledge from the lapband companies too. Lots of investigating. I follow my doctor advice and try to with nutritionist. But also human in the things I can still enjoy, my coffee and Creamer. Ok I know I could go sugar free and fat free on it. Just haven't found the right creamer. No carbonation for me and I do not tolerate bread at all.

weight.png