Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have not had the LB as of yet but so excited to be banded in Jan. Insurance wants to make sure I really want this. Well guess what, I do. I am tired of being known as the pretty fat girl. Everyone always says Alexis you are so pretty but....I am always the friend. I am tired of being alone aswell. Now don't think I want this to find a man cause trust me I don't but come on. We all have thought what does she have that I don't? Oh yeah a great body. I'm sick of that. I have always had confidence but not in dating guys. I hang out with beautiful skinny girls but to be honest they suck! They are mean, bad attitudes and personality well, they don't have one. I have it all but the skinny body. :::Rolling eyes:::: I can't wait to be thin! Sorry had to vent

You are not alone, many of us feel the same! I happen to be married, but I was young and ballooned after I had my kids (and over ate WAY too much let's face it). I also hope to be banded by the end of this year.

What you said about not doing it just for men but come on.......is TRUE. I am doing it for me, but come on I am doing it so that I am sexier and healthier to enjoy my husband more!

GOOD LUCK =)

Yay...hopefully you do get it. Everyone deserves to live a healthy life and defiantly feel sexy in their own skin. I can't wait to be able to wear what I want and shop ANYWHERE in the mall. I have always felt like a skinny girl trapped in a fat girls body! Sad but true. I can't wait to lose the weight and run into a guy I was interested in and them not recognized me! I think about how I will look and act. I am so afraid to lose myself.

MissLexi- I am married and I am lucky enough to have a supportive husband who loves me no matter if I have the band or not... But I know how you feel on the last thing you just posted... I have always felt as if I am a skinny girl trapped in a fat girls body... I am always very upset becuase I have a pretty good fashion sense and I get pissed off that I can't wear trendier clothes and that clothes for bigger people cost so much money!

I want to be able to walk into any store whether it be Nordstroms, Old Navy or even Walmart see something I like and have it fit! Not be upset bc the store doesnt carry an XL or bc the Xl really should fit a Med!

I am scheduled for my surgery on Dec 7 and I can't wait! Right now I am just going through the 3 month supervised diet to ensure that my insurance will cover it!

That is awesome- I had been dating a guy that was, well I thought was supportive. A month ago I let him know about the surgery and he seemed to be excited for me. Then two weeks ago he came over and of course he wanted details and I could not stop talking about it. He then asked me if I was going to stop talking to him when I'm skinny. I thought it was weird that he asked that. I said no, what a weird question. I told him that I am not an insecure person and don't think I am getting this done so I cam meet guys. I don't want to meet anyone else and that I was happy with him. He seemed to be happy with that but then responded with, my ex was beautiful. You would be insecure around her most girls would. She's 5'7" a size 2. I could not believe my ears. How dare he try to give me a reason to be insecure. I felt he was also trying to warn me that he could always find someone else. Well guess what so can I. Fat or skinny and I have not talked to him since. You are lucky to have someone so supportive and loves you no matter what. I can't wait to shop at Guess, Express, banana Republic and many other stores when I am skinny! You will be getting your surgery a month before me but we should definitely keep in touch and track our progress.

Oh I would not talk to him again either!! Good for you! While I know at times my husband gets a little nervous, I know he is just nervous about my having surgery... He was the same way last year when I had gall bladder surgery.

I cant complain about my husband, he actually gets angry when I talk about being "fat". He gets angry when I point out flaws in my body, esspecially since I had my son. He is actually the one who made me have pride in my stretch marks. Before I got pregnant I was blessed to not have many stretch marks and the ones I had were on my arms not my stomach. When I got a big baby belly I got a bunch and when I complain he always would tell me I carried a baby to stop complaining.

Screw him for trying to make you have an insecurity! Believe me there are men who would kill to be with you no matter how big or small you are. Eventually you will find someone who will love you for you no matter how you look!

I am so excited to shop in normal stores, I am more excited to be able to shop on sale racks... It seems like there is never anything on sale for bigger sizes... It will be awesome to be able to walk into the banana Republic Outlet and shop on the sale racks and have a coupon and walk out with TONS of stuff!!

It would be cool to keep in touch and share our progress! We are being banded with in a month of eachother so that is so close!

I know what you girls mean. I have been told so many times " you Have such a pretty face but...". Tired of it. I also feel like I am a skinny girl trapped in a fat body. NOt fun at all. I actually was thin my whole life up until 10 yrs ago. I can't wait to be thin again. I am just waiting for the call that its approved. Hopefully mine will be in October. My insurance doesn't require a waiting period.

I'll bet that guy is worried that you'll lose weight and dump him like she did...he is insecure!

You will have lots of replacements soon enough.