Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill, No restriction??

:help: I had my first fill a couple of days ago, my doctor put in 1.6cc's (my band can hold a max of 4cc's) but I feel no restriction at all. :) I don't fill up quickly and I still get very hungry. Did anyone else experience this problem? Is this normal??

Yep, it's normal. But don't jump to conclusions or lose hope right away. Often it can take a few days or even weeks for a fill to really make itself felt. You might be surprised one day next week or the week after when suddenly something you thought you could eat just doesn't go down. So continue to take it slow and really listen to your body.

If you don't feel any change after four weeks at least, that might be time to think about getting another fill. But you're normal, yep yep yep!

Oh my gosh ME TOO! I got filled on Friday and literally feel no difference whatsover! She only put in 1.3 cc's. It's very discouraging because I feel like I'm losing time -- not to mention money (each fill with cost $175). Going to try to see her this week.

I am in the same boat as most of you. First fill was 1.6... no restriction... I am a little disappointed that it is going to cost me $150 for another fill, but what choice do I have... I was banded on February 3rd and I have lost NOTHING!!!! I go for a second fill on March 28th... hopefully I'll have better luck with this one. I only wish it was under flouroscopy!!!!! It seems more accurate that way.. Good luck to all and let me know how it works out for you.

It was my third fill before I got restriction but be careful about adding to much at once. I know because of cost you want to get the most for your money but they associate getting too much added at once with eventual slippage the same way they do overfills. I wish I could find a place to get fills for only $150 after I get back from getting rebanded. It's $350 with flouroscope at the place I use to use in Tacoma, WA. Anyone from WA state have fill location recommendations? Does wishcenter do fills on Mexico band patients?

Good luck Wannabelean but don't rush things too much it'll start happening before you no it and you'll be looking and feeling great!

April

Hey guys! So it turned out that when she went in to do the second fill this morning, about half of the saline she said she had put in on the first fill was GONE. She says that it's most likely NOT a leak (she ran a few tests -- putting in a bunch and taking out a bunch, etc), but evidently your body sometimes absorbs some of the saline from the first fill. She said this happens sometimes between the first and second fill and the doctor's aren't really sure WHY. Something to do with osmosis, or air bubbles left in the band, etc. I'm just hoping and praying that it's not a leak and that it's just normal! Anyway, maybe something like that is happening to you guys. I'd make another appointment right away. I really hated the thought of wasting time eating away while the fill isn't even working.

:help: I had my first fill a couple of days ago, my doctor put in 1.6cc's (my band can hold a max of 4cc's) but I feel no restriction at all. ;) I don't fill up quickly and I still get very hungry. Did anyone else experie nce this problem? Is this normal??
YES I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I WAS BANDED ON 02/08/2006 AND ONE WEEK POST OP I COULD EAT ANTHING, HAD MY FIRST FILL ON 03/17/2006 AND FEEL NO RESTRICTION I HAD 1.5CC AND MY BAND ONLY HOLDS 4CC . MY NEXT FILL IS ON 05/04/2006 AND I HOPE I GET SOME RESTRICTION BECAUSE I WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING OR SEE A DIFFERENCE IN HOW MUCH I CAN EAT. ELLEN1956

Search for my threads. You'll see about the "missing" or evaporated fill after the first fill. Evidently, it's pretty common. Happened to me -- doc put in 1.3 and I had basically NO restriction. When I went back for the second fill -- tada -- half of the saline was gone!! Well, I was all worried that I had a leak but it turned out to be fine... evidently, after surgery there's about a 50% (that's a guesstimate mind you) chance that you'll have a good amount of AIR stuck in your band -- well, the first injection of saline comes along and because saline = SALT Water and you have AIR, it EVAPORATES. Nothing to worry about too much but I would DEFINITELY make sure that when you go in for your next fill, have the doctor remove/suck all the saline out before they put more in so you can see how much you still had in there. I had .5cc's left out of 1.3 cc's fter only ONE week (I went for my 2nd fill RIGHT AWAY once I noticed there was no restriction and I'd suggest you do the same).

Good luck and keep us updated about what happens at your next fill.

I just had my second fill on April 4th and had the same experience. My first fill I had no restriction at all. When he checked the amount of saline in my band, there was .6 cc but he put 1cc in at my first fill. So he put in .6cc more and I'm now at 1.2. I was worried about a leak, too, but was told that it's fairly common and that he's only had one leak in 300+ bandings. I can feel a difference now and notice that I have to be more careful, which is good.

Emily

I just had my first fill yesterday. It didn't hurt at all. I was rather dissappointed that he only put in 1.5cc (in a 10cc band), but I've gathered from others that Dr. Spivak is pretty conservative about his fills. Since I had not had anything but milk all day, I was starving at 2pm when I got out of his office. :hungry::hungry::hungry: I bought some deviled eggs at a deli and was only able to eat 1 (half egg) before I felt full. That was encouraging, however, when I got home from work last night around 7pm I was VERY hungry again. :hungry::hungry: I had about 1/2 cup of mashed pinto Beans with cheese. I was still hungry! :hungry::hungry:I ate the insides of a bean burrito from Taco Bell (with a liitle bit of tortilla) and I was STILL hungry! :hungry::hungry: SO, I drank a cup of buttermilk. That seemed to satisfy me FINALLY.......but I was really puzzled that it took so much to make me feel full. What's going on with that??? :scared:

Then I had my first PB! :tape: :yuck: NOW I know what it is! Out of the blue with no warning, I burped, but it wasn't just air! I was okay after it happened and it didn't happed again.

I curious what I'll feel like today. Anyway, y'all have a great weekend!