Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am Not Loosing Weight

SO frustrated got banded on may 19 and only lost 20 lbs first two months lately I'm stuck at 160 and can't seem to drop below that what should I do to continue dropping I have a 10 cc band and have 5 cc in it . Do I need another fill. Because I still get hungry like normal just get stuck a lot .

Hmm, so you are saying you have lost 20 pounds and weigh 160? How tall are you? Are you near your goal weight. If you are eating your one cup of food three times a day, drinking your Water, when are you getting hungry? What/when are you getting stuck? These answers may help you, please post.

You seem to be doing fine. Calm down, I know that you would like the weight to fall off but that just doesn't happen. Are you exercising, and eating your Protein, and keeping a food diary? maybe you have too many calories. You are very tiny person, and even though you feel you have a lot of weight to lose, the closer you get to goal, the harder it is to lose. best wishes! Karen

It's possible you may not be eating enough calories as well. I'm 2 years out, 97lbs lost, and 10-15lbs from my personal goal. When I first started this journey my calories were anywhere from 900-1200 per day. Maybe even less. Add in exercise and the caloric defecit was significant. Now, I can't lose weight with such a small amount of calories. I actually have to eat between 1400-1600 calories a day to lose a pound a week, if that. If you don't have a lot to lose from the get-go, it's hard. My suggestion is to speak with your nutritionist. Definitely keep a food diary. The app/site myfitnesspal is great for helping you keep track of your calories. I've lost the past 50lbs with its help. I wish you luck! And hang in there!

if you feel you are getting stuck I wouldn't get a fill. I think you are doing absolutely great, and just as Karen said above you just need to be patient and calm down This is very normal to happen when one is in the lower numbers and getting close to goal.

Hang in there!

You may need another very small fill and a consult with your nutritionist. 20 lbs is awesome. I only lost 12 lbs the first 4 months and many others have similar stories.

Like the forum member B-52 says....Until there's restriction....It's just another diet!

tmf

Thanks to everybody my diet continues as normal eating Snacks here and there and eating way more then a cup of food and very lil Water I am 5'2 160lbs how many calories should I be eating a day

Keep in mind you started with a lot less weight to lose than most of us. The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. That's why it takes people months to loose even 10 pounds when they get close to their goal weight. To lose 20 pounds already is actually very good, you should be thrilled with that!

If you get hungry a lot but also stuck, I am guessing you need to take smaller bites, chew it until mush, and pause between bites.

As for eating "way more than a cup of food", just because you can eat more doesn't mean you should. Stick to a cup or less per meal, you'll be glad when the weight starts coming off a little quicker.

Have you met with a nutritionist? If not I highly recommend you do. They can tell you not only how many calories you should be consuming but teach the right foods to eat so that you're eating healthy.

Best wishes.

Calories? 800-1200 depending on how active you are. Each person seems to be different. I hear where some consume only 600 a day and the lose weight and don't feel deprived.

It sounds like you are getting some restriction since you said you get stuck occasionally? There's a learning curve to how to eat with the band. You'll hear over and over again to take small bites, chew, chew, chew, eat slowly and don't drink while you eat. It is so true. Your nutritionist can explain the whys, or we can, but trust me, you are well on your way to your goal.

You may see days or weeks where you lose nothing and then suddenly 3 lbs will disappear. You will see days where your band will allow you to eat any kind of chicken or fish but find the next day, you can't. It's all part of the re-education of your mind to eat like we should be eating. And most of all, eat healthy foods and exercise.

tmf

Thanks to everybody my diet continues as normal eating Snacks here and there and eating way more then a cup of food and very lil Water I am 5'2 160lbs how many calories should I be eating a day

Michelle, also since you mentioned you are drinking very little Water, I think you might of answered your own question..increase your water intake. You will be surprised how much drinking lots of water helps during weight loss. You can buy one of those measured water bottles so you can see how much a day you are increasing your water. I think between your calories and water you will start to see the results you are looking for..

PS: Just as Mis73 said, speak to your nutrionist about how many calories you should have at this rate...

Let us know,