Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in February 2008. I blew that. I lost like 24 pounds. Then in June 2011, I was having problems. I had upper GI test and hiatal hernia. When I had surgery for that, he did a band revision. I said this is it.... Time to shine! NOT! I have two of my grand kids and it is hard when they want something for me not to dig in. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and plantar facciitis. It is hard for me to move with pain and exhaustion. The meds I take cause weight gain!! I actually gave up. I stopped going for fills. I was due last month and said what's the point. I need help!!

What are you eating? How much are you eating? Are you able to do any exercise?

If you can give us some more info we may be able to help.

Doreen - don't give up. You need to work the band to get some quality of life and your grandkids need you, too. Regroup and go back to your surgeon and ask for help. I am sure he/she has worked with others in your type of situation.

dont give up! go see your doc. I'm sure youre not the only one in this situation!

see your doc and get a fill

Plan meals in advance (protein filled so you'll actually be full) so that when your grandkids ask you to dig in you will be able to control yourself better

I know your in a lot of pain and plantar fascitis sucks big time, but what about weight lifting, even just lifting 2-4 pound weights while watching tv? There are exercises that do not involve legs that will be beneficial to you

Wow Doreen! I feel so bad for you. It sounds like you have a lot of negative things happening that are out of your control. It's no wonder you feel hopeless. You sound like you want it to work tho so you have to focus on the things you can control and go from there. I felt like a total failure and couldn't get back on track. Then I found this site. I just read, never posted, for the longest time. I got on my fitness pal to log my food. What an eye opener. It helped me drink Water & make sure I was getting enough Protein. If you are getting enough protein you won't be so tempted to eat the grand kids Mac & cheese! Set tiny goals. Take small steps. You can do it! Do it so you feel better!

I was banded in February 2008. I blew that. I lost like 24 pounds. Then in June 2011' date=' I was having problems. I had upper GI test and hiatal hernia. When I had surgery for that, he did a band revision. I said this is it.... Time to shine! NOT! I have two of my grand kids and it is hard when they want something for me not to dig in. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and plantar facciitis. It is hard for me to move with pain and exhaustion. The meds I take cause weight gain!! I actually gave up. I stopped going for fills. I was due last month and said what's the point. I need help!![/quote']

I feel you, i also have fibromialgia and feel tired and do you want to give up, but I'm not. I've told you so far to give up. I'm at the point then I start thinking it hurts to be beautiful so I just keep trying. I've lost 21 pounds since june 19. I try to go to the gym at least 4 to 5 * a week. or you do the wii. please don't give up on yourself. just take it 1 day at a time. I say today I won't cheat. I'm gonna make it through this one day. if I can do it you can do it too. best wishes and good luck. :)

I feel you' date=' i also have fibromialgia and feel tired and do you want to give up, but I'm not. I've told you so far to give up. I'm at the point then I start thinking it hurts to be beautiful so I just keep trying. I've lost 21 pounds since june 19. I try to go to the gym at least 4 to 5 * a week. or you do the wii. please don't give up on yourself. just take it 1 day at a time. I say today I won't cheat. I'm gonna make it through this one day. if I can do it you can do it too. best wishes and good luck. :)[/quote']

Sorry this auto corrector s+ck$

That makes me so sad, Doreen. The guilt and depression over your percieved failures in the past all feeds into the bad habits. I know because I did that for years and it is SO hard to break that cycle mentally. Don't give up on yourself. The fact that you are here posting shows that you still want this. Is there a WLS support group in your area you can attend? Are you exercising? I know with your health issues you have pain, but how about walking or Water aerobics? I am not sure based on your post what you are eating? Like others said... Start small. Get rid of all unhealthy or trigger foods in the house. Please reach out to your surgeon and nutritionist as they are best equipped to help you. Tell a family member about your appointment and have them pick you up for it so you cant skip out.