Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update On My Slip....

Hey everyone,

Well, had my appt yesterday for the slip I STILL HAVE from May. It never changed. Even with the unfill and refill. I had 8cc in my 14cc band and since I'm able to keep down food and liquid, he didn't see a reason to empty my entire band. He said he's treating my symtoms, not my xray. So he took out the last 1cc fill I got about 5 weeks ago - the one that took me back to the horrible nightly reflux.

Anyone else with a slight slip who's dr just unfilled a little, hoping it'll go back into place? Last nite, I was able to eat ALOT of dinner, thinking I'd lost all my restriction. But today at lunch, my restriciton was back. Thank God. And I slept like a baby last nite. But I just don't see how it's gunna move back into place by itself. It hasn't moved at all since my May xray. I'm a little paranoid, but feeling so blessed that I'm not losing my band.

Anyone out there with a dr like mine? Who doesn't really freak out at slips (unless they're bad ones that cause me to not be able to keep anything down)? He seems to think it'll pop back into place on it's own.

Marci

I wonder where the draw the line between minor slip and slip? I will warn you, my non-minor slip caused a lot of inflammation and scar tissue in my stomach that now has 6+ months non-banded to heal before I can have another procedure. Good luck, I really hop it just pops back in but if the reflux returns or you're having trouble eating get back in!!!!

If I were you, I'd insist on having it completely unfilled.

It's important to frequently assess how you feel, and to continue your dialogue with your surgeon. He's the medical expert, and you are paying for his expertise.

I'm hoping that your surgeon is correct with his assessment of your situation...and that given time the band position will correct itself.

Best wishes...

I have a question for you guys! What were your symptoms that made you decide to see your surgeons? I have an appt tomorrow with mine because I'm afraid mine has slipped. Just curious to see if maybe I'm paranoid or if my nervousness is justifiable!

I wonder where the draw the line between minor slip and slip? I will warn you, my non-minor slip caused a lot of inflammation and scar tissue in my stomach that now has 6+ months non-banded to heal before I can have another procedure. Good luck, I really hop it just pops back in but if the reflux returns or you're having trouble eating get back in!!!!

I'm hoping mine rectifies itself without further intervention. He took 1/2 of my fill out in May, hoping it would go back in place. Then started slowly refilling it a month later, without a followup xray. After my 2nd fill (making it 8cc), I started having really bad reflux again. Thus the appt yesterday, when looking at my xray, my band hadn't corrected itself. But I've always been able to eat and drink fine. I go back in a month to check it again, unless my reflux hasn't gone away, then I'm to call right away. I actually brought my suitcase with me, just in case they decided to do surgery, I live 3 hrs away. I was glad when he decided to not do surgery. Can't imagine being on the 4 week liquid diet again. And this time, I'm married, not alone. I'd have to watch him eat while I drank my meals!

I hope I don't lose my band too. Thanks!

Marci

I have a question for you guys! What were your symptoms that made you decide to see your surgeons? I have an appt tomorrow with mine because I'm afraid mine has slipped. Just curious to see if maybe I'm paranoid or if my nervousness is justifiable!

I started having severe nightime reflux at Christmastime. I let it go for 5 mths before seeing my dr cuz I was afraid he'd take it out and I'd gain all my weight back! In May, I went in a they found a minor slip (instead of resting on it's side, mine was flattened out). They took out 1/2 of my fill and let me rest for 4 weeks. The reflux went away. In June, he put in 1cc without doing another xray. 2 weeks later, upon my complaint that I didn't have enuf restrcition, he put another 1cc in. I then went out of the state on vacation. About 3 nites later, I started the severe reflux again. I just saw my dr again yesterday and they found it the same as May on the xray. He took the 1cc that he gave me last time out. And I'm fine now. I guess that 1cc just brought me to where I had symptoms. He treats the symptoms, not the xray.

I hope your band is fine. What are your symptoms?

Marci

Well on Saturday I got stuck which was fine. I drank and the food that was stuck flushed down. Since then I have not been able to eat or drink anything without it getting stuck. Normally when I get stuck I have horrible pain in my back and by my breast bone, now however, I just feel pressure when I drink/eat. I'm concerned because people say if you puke too much when you get stuck you can make it slip. I'm hoping my stomach is just irritated but I'm very nervous...

You may have some residual food caught or inflammation. I'd stick to liquids for a day or two and be careful. Throwing up is bad! You can get acid in the pouch and slips and all kinds of bad things.