Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horrible Burning At Port Site

Hello. I had my surgery on July 26 and was doing great up until this morning. I was takin one oxy at night for a bit of pain but this morning I woke up and have had horrible burning pain at the port incision. Yesterday I was very hungry- pms I think- and couldn't stop eating yogurt and pudding till 12am at night. Do you think it's related? It hurts most when I stand up or move or bend but not sitting still. I just called my doctor after 5 hours of pain and 2 oxys later. Any ideas??

My port incision was the most painful and for the longest. Unfortunately, it is right at my waist so my pants would irritate it and it was right where I lean agaist counters or tables. Eating has nothing to do with your port. As long as it's not infected or opening, I would think it is probably just going through the healing process. Obviously, inform your doc because he would know best, but I don't think it is a major concern. Good luck!

I'm 5 days post op and my port site feels like a huge black and blue mark! Sometimes I won't feel it, but then other times any which way I move becomes extremely painful like my wounds are opening up again. But they would bleed so they're not. I think it's all part of the healing process. Good luck!

I don't even know which one is my port site.. hahah. gonna have to ask the Dr. when I see him today. They are all sore at this point.

The doctor wanted me to come in but couldn't talk to me on the phone. By that point, I was dizzy for. The oxy and couldn't drive plus it wasn't hurting anymore. Just started hurting again. It's so weird bc it hasn't hurt in about 4 days and this came all of a sudden. And it's a burning pain- not like a black and blue mark. Does anyone feel burning?

The doctor wanted me to come in but couldn't talk to me on the phone. By that point' date=' I was dizzy for. The oxy and couldn't drive plus it wasn't hurting anymore. Just started hurting again. It's so weird bc it hasn't hurt in about 4 days and this came all of a sudden. And it's a burning pain- not like a black and blue mark. Does anyone feel burning?[/quote']

I was banded 5/16/12 and my port site was tender and burned up until about a month ago. Now it's like it's not even there! I worried day and night about it but it was just the muscle healing. A friend of mine who has been banded for a year said hers will be tender and burn if she does a strenuous ab workout. If it's not swollen, have fever or oozing I would just give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk, SW: 225CW: 201 GW: 130

Thanks MandaElaine. It feels better today but really hurts if I bend. Everyone talks about pain but u are one of the first who confirmed the burning.

Is it red? Swollen? Hot to the touch? Mine was burning for a week and then the following week I found out I had an infection and a hematoma. My incisions still hurt like heck and I had surgery July 12. Do you have any drainage? I can't sit or stand for a long period. All I can do is lay down and Vicodin does nothing for pain. I hope this goes away soon. If you have any redness, swelling, warm to the touch, or drainage id let you doc know ASAP it could be infected and you may need antibiotics. Otherwise, do you have glue or steri strips over your incisions? They made my skin really dry and made it burn too.