Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Zucchini!!!!!

I posted this on another site but wanted to share with my LBT friends.

I am so happy that I discovered how great zucchini is!!! I have always like it, just didnt have it often....usually at restaurants. It is the perfect veggie to go with a meal. I like to slice them lengthwise and season with some Seasoning salt and throw them on the grill if we are cooking out. They taste wonderful. If we cook inside I slice into medallions and sautee in a skillet with some Pam or a little butter. Even better with some onion and bell peppers. I actually found that they have canned zucchini done Italian style with tomatoes. I put some in a bowl and sprinkled with some Parmesan and had for lunch today.

1 cup sauteed or grilled zucchini

40 calories, 0g fat, 2.5g Protein

1/2 cup of the canned Italian style

33 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein

I really like it, too, and have used the canned stuff. It's pretty good, but nothing is a good as what you cook yourself. Yum...think I'll add that to my grocery list!

Emily

I love the Z too!! Thank you Lord, for creating all these great healthy veggies:hungry:

I don't know if you have H.E.B.'s where you live, but in the frozen vegatables, they have frozen zucchini sliced long ways, like you mentioned, seasoned. You can throw them in a frying pan (without oil :) ) and in 3-5 minutes, they're done, delicious, and very healthy and low calorie.

So, they're pretty much exactly what you describe, only easier :) (I'm in a cooking kick lately, myself, and have been enjoying chopping up my veggies, so I'm not saying that easier is better =) )

Mmmm... zucchini....

I like to steam zucchini, then put it in the blender or food processor with some chicken stock (broth). Add a little salt/pepper and you have a thick Soup. If you like creamy soup, add some milk into the mix, also. This is fantastic with fresh green beans!! Just don't add milk. The trick is to puree it. mmmmm!!!

Awe... Now your talking! I love Zucchini too and eat it all summer long in a million different ways. Stuffed Zucchini, mock lasagna with zucchini slices (you can also use eggplant) instead of Pasta, zucchini bread, grilled, roast, sauted...its all good. One of my recent favorites was chopped up zucchini with a can of tomatoes on it and parmesian cheese sprinkled on top and roasted. Best wishes, Teresa

P.S. I used to love corn but no matter how often I try it since getting the band, it NEVER works out well. Is it similar for everybody? I can eat salad very easily. Curius how things work or don't work.

Me too, love zucchini and squash. My friend is always making zucchini fries in the oven, I'll try to remember to get the recipe.

The beauty of zucchini is it will take on any flavor you throw at it. I love eating it with my eggs (making egg muffins)... YUM!

If you like Zucchini you will love this and it is so easy...

Zucchini and squash with onions fry with pam. once cooked to how you like it add rinsed Black Beans. salt and pepper to taist spoon on a flour tort. and bake till crispy. serve with ff sour cream and salsa... ohh its heaven... ( you can also add shredded chicken to get some more Protein. )

Jenny

Giada DeLorentes on the food Network just made the most yummy looking Z fries. I printed the recipe, and of course it calls for deep frying but I'm going to try just pan frying them in a little olive oil.

Theresa- I can't eat corn either and it makes me very sad. I LOVE corn on the cob in the summer. No matter how long i chew, it gets hung up.

Megan

you can scoop out the middle and stuff them like you would green peppers(z goes down better)with onion,rice,tomatoes and the insides of the z.broil them,top with parm and voila yumilicious!

No Dice and the corn for me either! :D

:) I love zucchini as well.

Last night I really wanted spaghetti but since I'm not allowed any on the pre-op diet I had to improvise. While my homemade spaghetti sauce was simmering away, I used some little gadget I found through Pampered Chef which let me cut the zucchini into long thin strips. Steamed it for a few minutes until the way I liked it and covered it with homemade sauce.

YUMMMM :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

I might even prefer it this way now rather than having real spaghetti.

Audra