Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still No Fill

Operation date was April 24,2012 in sac , it's almost been 4mos sense I've gotten this . I started at 300lbs. Now am 262 lbs, which I have been foe 3 weeks now, I'm still waiting to get a fill. They said they could get me a app, for sept the 7th and that doesn't mean I'll get a fill then , they will just talk to me about it, they (Ucdavis) doesn't belive in giving fills unless that really have too, that's what they told me . And I'm really believing that they will not ever going to get a fill,, keep getting the run around,bin really wondering now why I had this thing put on me, I m hungry all the time and can eat like I always have, I'm so dis appointed , I wish to god that I gotten the gastric bypass, I'm not a happy camper at all, I'm on disability so I receive Medicare, I'm thinking that I'm going to try and find a diff doctor and praying that he will give me fills , or will take it out and give me the gastric bypass, but not to sure how Medicare feels about that? I feel like the year of jumping thur hoops and all the test to have this operation was a waste of time, I want so very much for this to work, I read all your guys good reports and wieght loss, which is wonderful, but I'm really starting to feel like giving up all hope, I just don't understand . Countingtcalories and doing it all like a good girl and I'm starving and still not losing wieght, I have 1000 cal. A day like the doc said , I have my protien drink, I walk 2 hours a day, what did I do to my self? I'm going to look for another doc and talk to him about every thing and take it from there, I'll touch back in with everyone to update on what's happening with me, and congrad. To all the wonderful ones that are trying and the one that r losing wieght , that's fantastic! I don't know how ur doing it , but congrats . I'll try to make my next post more if a possitive one, sorry I just needed to talk to someone , thanks

You've lost 38 pounds in just over 3 months! That's way more than I lost in the first 3 months! Do you realize you are WAY above the curve on lbs lost? Keep up the good work and you WILL lose, no doubt about it! I also feel like you will get a fill this time as your weight has not changed in 3 weeks. Good luck!

Thank u

3 months out I was down 28....you ahead of me! And believe me, even with fills it took a long time to feel any sort of restriction. Hang in there! Though waiting til Sept for a first fill seems a little rediculous to me! And even if you are losing it doesn't mean that you don't need a fill. I lost every dr visit but it takes a while to get the band to where it needs to be.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Are you getting enough solid Protein? If you are starving after slowly eating 4 oz portion of meat & 4 oz of veggies then you need a fill. Make sure you are drinking 8-10 cups of Water too! At 1000 calories and walking you should be losing! Try My Fitness Pal to count calories and make sure you are measuring your food. I know how crushing it is to think you are doing everything right and still not losing weight! Just try to stay positive! Keep checking in so we know how you are doing!

Granted I am no doctor, but I am not sure where your surgeon came up with this idea that fills should be avoided. The entire purpose of the band is to restrict around the stomach and that can't happen without Fluid in the band. An empty band is pretty much useless for the majority of people. It's little more than expensive stomach jewelry.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't wait, I'd start looking for a new surgeon immediately. You shouldn't have to fight to get fills. It defeats the whole purpose of the band.

Just my opinion.

I'm confused - you have a Dr that bands you but doesn't want to give you any fills! Does this Dr actually understand how the band works?

You are losing weight which is great but you are still starving - sounds like you need some extra assistance to me. Also you are regretting getting the band and wishing that you had got something else - well that is a bit like buying an electric mixer, never turning it on and then deciding to get another appliance because the electric mixer "doesn't work" properly. Generally if something doesn't work you read the manual or the troubleshooting guide before returning it. I think if you read the manual( or speak to Allergan , the manufacturers) you will discover that a necessary part of the banding process is getting fills.

The doctor feels that I shouldn't need fills and say trying to find the port and the shot can cause infections. I know it's crazy . I don't understand the doctor either, and belive mre I ask plenty of times as to why, that's why I feel that I should find another doctor, if I can find one ,

Yes I think the sooner you find a new Dr the better, this one sounds like an idiot. I would also be considering letting Allergan know what he is saying in regard to fills, as the manufacturer they have the right to know that Dr's using their product are doing so correctly. They may need to update his training.