Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Need Answers

Hello all been eating like normal and lately been getting this tight pain in my chest and started getting the hiccups and suddenly threw up why is this happening ?

Maybe make an appointment with your surgeon.

sounds like you got something stuck. I would stick to liquids and soft diet for the next few days.

If you are eating like normal and have got a few fills, you may be tight enough for some foods to get stuck. Don't eat normal, eat like a bandster. Many of us get hiccups when we have had enough to eat. Stop eating when you get hiccups and let your pouch do it's job.

tmf

Thanks for the comments .

Tmf what is the bandster diet ?

It's not a diet, it's how you eat. Slow, small bites, chew, you know, all the stuff the nutritionists told you before surgery. I assume by "normal" you meant like you would eat normally? We're not normal anymore. As time goes by we may resemble normal but in the beginning, while we are trying to lose weight, we have to follow the band rules.

Also, if you've been given a fill or two, you may find that your band does not like some foods, like bread, red meat, dry chicken and fish etc. And if you're like me, your band may seem to have a mind of it's own. My band is female and she kicks my butt if I get distracted and eat big bites or eat too fast. Some days she's fine with chicken and others, no way, get that white crap out of my pouch. Sorry, it's just how it is.

I don't really care cuz I'm so stinking happy with my weight loss I don't care what I can't eat(stolen from Pink Dahlia).

tmf

That's great u have met ur goal . I haven't yet , but sure hope to stuck to eating healthy which I haven't lately .

I think what has me messed up with what to eat us that I did not meet with a nutritionist because I ha it done in Mexico so I basically got it fine with out any post op instructions

I think what has me messed up with what to eat us that I did not meet with a nutritionist because I ha it done in Mexico so I basically got it fine with out any post op instructions

Having a clear idea what to expect, what to eat, and what not to eat is crucial to success with the Lap Band. I would strongly suggest making an appointment with a local nutritionist so you can learn the basics and get set up with guidelines to fit your lifestyle.

Even though you've been banded maybe you could find some seminars or support group in your area? Knowing what and how would do wonders for making your band and a success.

Over eating can cause this. Over eating can stretch your pouch. stretching your pouch can cause a slip.

Eating to fast can also cause hiccups if you are not chewing your food slowly you are filling your pouch with air and large pieces of food which the air wants to escape so you get the hiccups and sometimes that will cause you to slime or throw up which is not good for the band. So chew your food well eat smaller portions and find a dietician in your area familiar with the lap band this will all help.

I agree, a nutritionist is only about $50 for one visit and the support groups are free.

tmf