Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My VBG journey

Hi! I just found this site today and it has already made me feel better. I had my VBG done on 10/27/05 by Dr. Noel Williams in Philadelphia. When I went into surgery it was for an RNY but they found that my small intestine was too short to do the procedure safely so they did a VBG. Needless to say when I found that out I was really upset because I had counted on the RNY keeping me on the straight and narrow. I was scared because I had no real info on the VBG. I belong to a website connected to my surgical group but 99.9% of the members are bypass pts. and I found it very discouraging to hear of these rapid weight losses and I was losing 1-2 lbs/week. When I had my initial consult I weighed 330 lbs. at the time of surgery I was 296lbs. I am currently 245.5 headed to a goal of 130-150. I am 5'3". I have had alot of PBing but that is settling down. I can't tell you how good it was to find this site. Thanks for being there. Barbaraa:)

What is VBG?

Wow, I've heard of docotors deciding to do the procedure open instead of lap, but I've never heard of a doctor completely changing the procedure the patient is supposed to receive. Did you give them advanced permission to do this? Was it part of the surgeon's conditions for operating?

Why do you think you're PBing so much? Are you still learning how to eat & chew? Are you over-filled?

Welcome Barb!

I can only imagine your frustration at trying to get advice and encouragement from bypassers! Welcome to a great bunch of bansters, although most of us here have the lapband. Different procedure and all but I would imagine the eating lifestyles would be similar. I think you'll feel right at home in no time. Ask lots of questions and browse through the boards. There is so much here to see!

VBG - Vertical Banded Gastroplasty

http://www.homanmd.com/Vertical%20Banded%20Gastroplasty.htm

LapBand - Adjustable Gastric Banding

http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/dept/cs/divisions/obesity/surgical_lapband.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches