Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Green Day !!

yay! But i guess this means I have to change. I'm currently dressed in a cream sweater, with red jamma bottoms with pink velvet ribons on.

not a hint of green on me. But on the plus note, it's spring time in Seattle, and I'm sitting in my kitchen looking out at my backyard, and maveling at all the different shades of green--from pale green mosses on the trees and in my lawn, a green that is almost yellow to darkest green that is almost balck in the distant ceder and fir trees.

I don't want to go back to Pocatello tomorrow.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm watching the parade which is going by outside my window. Savannah has the second largest celebration, second only to New York. The parade goes on for hours!

post-206234-13813133200167_thumb.jpg post-206234-13813133200167_thumb.jpgHappy Green Beer Day everyone!post-206234-13813133200167_thumb.jpg post-206234-13813133200167_thumb.jpg

I was always told that wearing red on St. Patty's day was a bad thing. Do we get to pinch Vines now? *evil grin*

Hey Vines.. there is nothing like Southern Idaho to make you appreciate the color green. Don't you agree?

post-205630-13813132996264_thumb.png

I'm green with envy when people say they're 10 pounds from their goal weight. Does that count? :)

Happy St. Paddy's everyone! :high5:

You aren't kidding P'nut! My first spring everyone kept commenting on how beautiful the green hills were.. and I kept looking at the hills wondering what they were talking about... but I've learned to appreicat that shade of green that is mostly brown. When I came home for my first summer after being in Pokey, I was shocked at all the green driving into my neighborhood, I felt like it was almost austentatous, like the Good Mother was flaunting how green it is here. ...

One day a young lad walked into a bar in Manhattan. He stood at the bar and ordered 3 pints of Guiness. When the bartender poured them, the young man took all 3 pints and went to a booth in the back of the bar. :beer: :beer: :beer:

The bartender watched as the young man took a sip of one pint, then the next pint, and then the next. He continued drinking in that manner - one sip from each pint - until he finished them, and then he went back to the bar and ordered another round.

The bartender said, "Hey buddy, if youse would let me pour dese for you one at a time, dey won't go flat."

The young man smiled. "Thanks, but I drink like this for a reason. I'm new here - recently moved from Ireland. I have a brother back home in Dublin, and me other brother lives in London. The last time the three o' us were together, we made a pact. Whenever we drink our pints, we vowed to drink them one sip at a time like that - to make sure that we were thinkin' o' each other."

The bartender - and the other people sitting at the bar - thought this was a sweet sentiment, so no one said anything else to the young lad.

Over the course of the next several weeks, the young Irish lad became a regular at the bar. Every time he came in, he'd order his 3 pints, drink them one sip at a time, and then go back for the second round. It became a normal thing - no one commented again about his strange way of drinking beer. :beer: :beer: :beer:

One day, the lad came in, went to the bar, and ordered only 2 pints of Guiness. As the bartender poured the drinks, a hush fell over the bar. The lad took them back to his booth and drank them - one sip from one pint, then a sip from the other. The regulars in the bar started whispering to each other, and looking sadly over at the young lad.

When he went back to the bar for his second round, the bartender cleared his throat, and - with voice cracking - said, "Hey, uh, buddy... I just wanna say dat we are all real sorry for your loss."

The young man looked confused for a moment, and then smiled. "Oh, no, don't worry - everyone's fine. I just quit drinkin'." :beer: :beer:

A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink.

"Why of course," comes the reply.

The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.

The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland."

"Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"

"Dublin," comes the reply.

"I can't believe it," says the first man.

"I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."

"Of course," replies the second man.

Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks:

"What school did you go to?"

"Saint Mary's," replies the second man.

"I graduated in '62."

"This is unbelievable!" the first man says.

"I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar.

"What's been going on?" he asks the bartender.

"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."

Happy Paddy's Day To All! May We All Have The Luck Of The Irish In This Adventurous Journey We Call Life!

Paddy had been drinking at his local Dublin pub all day and most of th' night.

Mick, the bartender, says "You'll not be drinking any more tonight, Paddy".

Paddy replies "OK Mick, I'll be on my way den."

Paddy spins around on his stool and steps off. He falls flat on his face.

"Shoite" he says and pulls himself up by the stool and dusts himself off.

He takes a step towards the door and falls flat on his face.

"Shoite, Shoite!" he cries.

He looks to the doorway and says to himself that if he can just get to the

door and some fresh air he'll be fine. He belly crawls to the door and

shimmies up to the door frame. He sticks his head outside and takes a deep breath of fresh air, feels much better and takes a step out onto

the pavement. He falls flat on his face.

"Bejesus . . I'm fockin' focked," says he.

He can see his house just a few doors down, and crawls to the door,

shimmies up the door frame, opens the door and collapses inside.

He takes a look up the stairs and says "No fockin' way." But he crawls up

the stairs to his bedroom door and says "I can make it to the bed."

Again he pulls himself up by the doorframe, takes a step into the room and

falls flat on his face.

He says "Fock this, I gotta stop drinking," and falls into bed.

The next morning, his wife, Jess, comes into the room carrying a cup of

coffee and says, "Get up Paddy.Did you have a bit to drink last night?"

Paddy says, "I did, Jess, I did. I was fockin' pissed, and how did you

know?"

"Mick the bartender phoned . . . You left your wheelchair at the pub."