Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think I have gotten too tight the past few days. A couple days ago, I suddenly wasn't hungry and would forget to eat. That went away and I was "normal" feeling again with just right restriction. Tonight, I could only take two small bites and then started having reflux. *sigh* I was doing so well.

I have been the same way for the past 2 days. Not really hungry, but when I do eat I seem to be getting stuck easier. School is starting this week and alot of stress getting the kids all ready for that. Stress and my eating do not mix.....

I've wondered how much was too much Fluid or stress or both.. Hopefully, I will get some answers tomorrow. This band has been so unpredictable.

Stress makes a huge difference for me. I was in the green after 4 months and doing well. Then life hit and the stress was on. I felt so restricted and could not eat much.

I agee the band is very unpredictable. I'm what my doctors call a "special case". Everything makes to tight! Stress, allergies, menstral cycle you name it! I have a 10cc band with 6.15cc in it an I'm 15 months post op. Any recommendations on how to curb the tightness?

The misconception that I and many people had/have about the band is that ur level of restriction will stay the same...unfortunatley it's just not the case..it's not uncommon for stress..TOM..weather..travel..to effect the band...I have learned to just go with the flow..my band is moody and I have come to realize that some days are better than others. U eat what u can when u can.

I have struggled with a moody band as well and it can be very frustrating and depressing. One thing that helps me is to drink water!!! Drink drink drink! I have a 1 liter water bottle I found at wal Mart- 1 liter =about 4 cups. When I finish it, I immediately log it on my fitness pal. I have 10-12 cups a day. Also remember hot tea or broth when you feel stuck and force down that water! :-)

My Dr said that I was fine with not wanting to eat but when I got to when I couldn't get Water down then that was a problem. So I didn't ask for any Fluid removed. Now I wish I had. I keep burping up what I eat, get stuck and/or have heartburn really bad. My Dr's office is 3 hours away so I plan on calling at 8am tomorrow morning in hopes to get an afternoon appt. Right now, I know I didn't over eat but I can feel it sitting there and have heartburn really bad. :(

I'm so sorry! I hate that! Try hot Decaf tea- 1 tsp at a time. People think you lose weight when it's tight but I actually gained by drinking milkshakes & creamy soups!

My Dr said that I was fine with not wanting to eat but when I got to when I couldn't get Water down then that was a problem. So I didn't ask for any Fluid removed. Now I wish I had. I keep burping up what I eat, get stuck and/or have heartburn really bad. My Dr's office is 3 hours away so I plan on calling at 8am tomorrow morning in hopes to get an afternoon appt. Right now, I know I didn't over eat but I can feel it sitting there and have heartburn really bad. :(

I am in the same boat! I had a fill today and my chest hurts so bad right now after just a couple sips of water. I live 80 miles away and don't know if I should wait until Monday to call in the hopes it will loosen up or call tomorrow. What do you guys suggest? This is only my 2nd fill.

Molady, I think you could wait a day or two. My surgeon recommends 2 days Clear Liquids.

Yvonne74, how are you doing now? Stay in touch both of you ladies, we need updates! Karen

I was able to get an appt today and he removed a small amount. I was instantly able to drink Water without pain. I've been able eat this evening and been very hungry unlike the past week. I did lose 4 pounds in 6 days but thats b/c I've barely been able to eat or keep it down.