Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie to the board

Thats great Wavey...you lucked out in getting a quick appointment!

Are we doing ihop??? My church is having a consignment sale that day (children's consignment...if anyone wants to do shopping after we eat.) It's only about 5 minutes from the resturant.

Melissa

I'm not going to be able to make our April 1st Breakfast :( My brother is coming to visit from Tennessee, and we have a wedding to attend that afternoon. Funny how things can change so quickly.

Ahh man, I hope no one else cancles..I promise I won't bite. That is, unless you want me to :rolleyes:

On the flip side. Who did everyone go to for the psycho evaluation, um.. I mean psych evaluation. :D

Hi, and welcome! I love my band! It has been a great tool for me.

I'm so glad you are going to make our get together on the 1st.

Wavy,

I saw Dr. Nona Patterson. Dr. Bauman will probably recommend someone when you have your consultation. You're not required to use the providers they recommend, but you can.

Wow that is great! Looks like you are doing it around the same time frame I started. I went to Dr. B as well and had my first Consult at the end of March and did all the preliminary stuff and then got my band at the end of June 2005. Hang in there it will go by fast! Believe me! Good luck with everything and let me know if you have any questions. I will try my hardest to answer them for you.

Thank you,

Angie

I got my upper GI today. ugh ughugh ugh nas-tay!

The barium swallow part was ok, but that crap before it to coat your stomach. It was like drinking desolved chalk with equal added for sweetness.

On a brighter note, I met with Dr B, it went well. I had 4 pages of questions and we got thru them all. Dr B looked tired today.

Poor dude.

And, it seems that he may be able to get me around end of June time frame too. I still have the psych eval and vit D test to do.

Wavydaby!

It is so exciting!! I am like the exact same time frame as you. I just had my first consult with him last Tuesday!

Frankly, I can't believe he could get you in so fast. It took me 3 months to get in!! Must have been a busier time of year (New Year's Resolutions??!!).

It will be exciting for both of us to see how the other one is doing! We could be within days of each other!!!

How did you find Dr. B? I had a load of questions but I thought he was going to talk awhile and answer most of them. So he listened to my heart, etc... then sent me on my way. I was so surprised that I totally forgot to ask the questions!!! Eekk!

Angie said I could email questions anytime so I am doing up a list of the major ones I had...

Did he go over yours in detail?

Congratulations! This is a very exciting time in our lives!

OOH I have a "get 'er done buddy"! Sweet!

3months to get in ??? WOW! I must of lucked out. Must have been the NYR's. I got him to answer the questions from one of the stickies from the general discussion group. I can write them out when I get back home.. i at work right now. Do you know which ones you really wanted answered? He asked me where I wanted to start and I whipped out my FOUR PAGES of questions. :)

Plus I think we kind of broke the ice with him cause the first thing we asked him is "why on earth did he do his residency in Roanoke VA? (where my hubby is from) Roanoke is poodunk to me.

I was the last person of the day and he looked tired. BUT he went over everything in detail.

Welcome Sweetness1... So you're a Dr. B patient as well? Wow, we are growing! This is very exciting. Hopefully we can have a big get together and get to meet everyone. We should do a family outing and go to a park and cookout and let the kiddies play. That sounds fun to me. That way we can try to get everyone involved. I hope everyone is doing good today. And yes that UPPER GI is for the birds... :sick makes me ill!

Angie