Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Counseling Before Surgery?

But that's just it Donna, not everyone has done the soul searching they need to prior to being banded.

Some folks are just not ready for this step, not really. And some folks have unrealistic expectations about the band. Some think that they will never be able to eat again, other people expect to lose an unrealistic amount of weight in an unrealistic amount of time. Some folks expect too lose like a by pass patient and while some people do in fact lose that way, most people lose 1-2 pounds a week, not faster.

My surgeon makes everyone see the program's social worker as part of the eval. I went into it thinking it was a complete waste of my time. Turns out it was very very helpful. I'd heard stories about people having to see a shrink and fill out some stupid test or something. When I met with the social worker, yes we did talk enough for her to get a sense of my state of mind, but that took about five minutes. The rest of the time was spent discussing how I could start preparing myself mentally for the changes during and after. She was also very interested in having me identify any roadblocks I could foresee getting in my way. I realized that every time I've lost a lot of weight in the past, I gained it back because I couldn't handle the changes and I was scared. If I don't want that to happen again, I need to start working on it now. I left that place and found a therapist who is helping me become stronger mentally so I can face this change and push through it rather than running from it as I have in the past.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches