Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody!

I had my surgery March 19, 2012. I am 50 pounds down and I was wanting to see what kind of changes people have or are noticing

about themselves after losing this amount of weight. I will start with some of my stuff I have noticed.

1.) I have completely stopped snoring. Unless I am super super tired. I don't know if you ever actually never stop snoring or not.

2.) I used to get bloody noses every 1 to 2 days. I have not had a bloody nose in about 4 months.

3.) I used to get a cold or some kind of sickness about once every 2 months. I don't think I have gotten sick once since my surgery.

4.) I can cross my legs easier! They still rub together when I walk but I hear that will go away eventually.

5.) I used to get heart burn literally every single day. I have not had it once since the surgery.

Tell me whats going on with you. I would like to share in the successes with you. : )

P.S. There is one downside... I have had to get my suits tailored about 3 times in the past month. :P Its getting expensive lol.

Congrats! I didn't really have any co-morbidities before surgery, but I have noticed a few small things since my 71lb drop...

1) Can cross my legs

2) Feel comfy in a seatbelt

3) Fit better in the shower with the hubby :P

4) More comfy in movie theater/stadium seats

5) My monthly visitor is much less painfull and... less!

I am dropping clothes sizes every 10 days to 2 weeks and the Goodwill has become my best friend! I shop and empty my closet about once a week, but never spend more than $100 a month on clothes! It's amazing.

Congratulations!

I've noticed tons of changes

1. Not only does my stomach no longer touch the steering wheel of the car, but I had to move the seat up and the steering wheel down.
  2. I used to not be able to even walk to the entrance of a store, now I can walk the entire zoo.
  3. I've gone from a size 7x to a 2x (so far). My old clothes are ginormous on me.
  4. I'm told I look much younger now.
  5. I feel better than I have in many years

One downside- I look like a Shar Pei puppy when naked. Way too much extra skin! Ugh! I'm hoping to have a Tummy Tuck this winter.

Good for you, Guitar! I love the small changes, and am still tickled everytime I can do something new. After losing 130 lbs, I still worry about fitting into things.. dumb I know, but my mind must still be trained to my pre-lapband thoughts! This summer it was those stupid cheap white lawn chairs. I FIT!! I was going to suggest Goodwill and I see sHELLaBee has beat me to it! Keep up the good work and good job writing down the positive changes!

Oooh fun topic! I just hit the 50 lb loss mark the other day. I'm having a hard time seeing any changes but my husband sees them. He pointed out yesterday that my leg muscles are really showing (I've been running every day). Also, my hips are pokey :) He pointed out my now-hourglass figure and it was actually really cool to see! I catch myself glancing in the mirror when I'm running on the treadmill. I used to have a...boxy?..figure. It's pretty nice to see actual defined hips and curves instead of one big curve :)

Health-wise, I notice that stairs are no longer a problem. I haven't had heartburn once since surgery (I did have a hiatial hernia repair though which probably helped). My blood pressure has been fantastic the past few times I've seen the doctor.

And my pants that didn't fit in March, then finally fit in June, now need to be taken in about 3 inches! (I used my FitBit clipped to them to hold them up!!). I dropped the "x" before my shirt size.

All of these stories are great! I am so inspired by each and every one of you!

Keep up all the great work!!

My biggest thing on my list would be being able to run and exercise everyday and enjoying it!!!

My biggest changes:

1. No longer have high blood pressure.

2. Went from 2x to 16 in clothes.

3. Always cold in the office, instead of sweating!

4. My boobs stick out further than my stomach. Lol

Omg. I didn't even think about the small backyard chairs!!! Yay!!!!

The best thing so far is that I have way more energy now! I'm more willing to try new things and be active.

1. no huffing and puffing while walking, now walk for 4-6 miles within an hour!

2. no meds except stupid thyroid med.

3 buying smaller clothes, problem is have to buy them often lol

4 feeling better and not being able to sit still!

:D

Well I have gone from a 4x to a 2x so far, fit into movie theatre seats better, people who know what I used to look like saying "hey skinny!"