Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Some Encouragement...

I had the band placed over 4 years ago now. I initially lost about 55-60lbs, then put on 15 or so then dropped it again, yada yada yada....it's a lifetime battle no matter how tight or loose the band is. I know this. Well anyways....in March of this year I was down to about 175 which was only 20lbs away from my goal weight, and i was working out and eating what i wanted, just in moderation of course....which was great!..... but then life threw me a curve ball.....

I broke my ankle when I was out looking all kinds of cute with my spring outfit including high wedges....I ended up requiring surgery on the ankle and had to have a plate and 5 screws put in initially and then 2 months later had one of the screws removed and then a week after that surgery had my gallbladder removed. From 4/12-6/24 I was out of work and out of commission really. For 9 of those weeks I was out, I couldn't walk at all, so I was just sitting around majority of the time.

Needless to say I've gained some weight back....Last I weighed I was at about 185, but I may even be up to about 190ish...you know how you can feel it.

That now puts me 35lbs away from my goal and I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but we all know that when you're closer to the end, it gets harder. And seeing that I am still in PT for my ankle and cannot do any high impact exercises like running or jumping jacks like I used to be able to, I've been delaying going back to the gym to do the "little" stuff (to me). I'm very used to high impact exercises.

I KNOW that I can do it. I KNOW that I need to get my butt up and do it. I just don't have the motivation! I need someone to yell at me. lol tell me to get up and do it!

Do it girl!!!! No one can do it for you. You CAN do it!!!!!

You don't need high-impact to get results. You just need to start moving, walking, strolling, whatever you can do will help. You can use weights for upper body strength, ab exercises, leg lifts.....all strength training options.

Make a goal to accomplish something by Sunday night. Then make another goal for the following week.....you'll feel do much better once you take action!

You Can Do It!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope PT helps. And..... GET UP AND EXERCISE!!!! You have proved that you can do this, so do it! Set some goals, google low impact exercises, and do it! You will do awesome when you commit!

You can and will absolutely do it! *Cheers!* Keep it up!!

<3