Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Twoterville!

I love that! Wheets you are doing awesome!! You will make it there before you know it! I can't wait to reach twoterville either. Its gonna be a big celebration!

Hi

I started with a BMI of 53 and I weighed 350 plus pounds.The pre-op liquids took care of about 20 of those and I am at the moment stuck at 240.....but keep a close eye on this space I plan to lose a lot in the next 2 months.....getting a personal trainer next week......and a big fill.......

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say what a great job you're doing :D

I'm eight and a half weeks out now and down 46lbs! This week might be a sticking point because I twisted my ankle and haven't been walking. Hey ho hum..never mind! I'll see on Sunday what the scale has to say about it all.

Am thinking of going for a second fill because I still have absolutely no restriction from the 1st! :)

It's getting hotter here in Athens and me and the sun don't agree so it might be time to get going on my exercise bike more and pull out the aerobics videos!!!!!!

Only 27lbs to go to the 200's so thats my next goal...will let you know when I get there!

Wow Paul what an inspiration you are! I so know what you mean about hitting "onederland"....I can hardly wait for the day that that happens. You'll be there before me so save me a spot in "onederland"!

Wow,

I am now an official member of the BMI over Fifty and the May 2006 Band Crew. Whoa.... I have the Vanguard band currently with now restrition ...I am 8 days post op...Big Paul I an chasing your records...I May get a fill next week on the 24th. We will see what will happen

Hello all! I'm setting up the date for my surgery today! Yeah! :cheer2:I am 5'6" and weigh around 370 lbs. I know I have a BMI of around 51. I have large bone structure. My goal is to weigh 140 lbs by a couple of years (which I was told was very realistic by the psychiatrist). I can't wait!!! Getting the phone call last night that I was approved by my insurance just lifted my spirits sooo high that I'm not letting anything bring them down! I look at this as the beginning of the rest of my life. I've never been thin so I'm looking forward to lots of exercising, eating small amounts of food once my body is healed and most of all - not being hungry anymore! My appetite is out of control so I'm looking forward to this giving me control of my body again. It will allow me to love my body and become a physically healthy person.

Remain positive everyone! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! :rainbow::amen::second:

Chris

I am 5'6" and weigh around 370 lbs. I know I have a BMI of around 51.
I don't want to be the stupid dark cloud, but at that weight & height, your BMI is closer to 60.

I was 415 and I am trying trying trying to get to 315 .... i fluxuate from 325 to 335 all the time in the last months.

I finally broke the 400s by weighing 399 today. It feels like rocks have been taken off my back. :confused:

Next road mark, to get to a BMI of 69 (currently 73).