Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

ok i will stick with the programe! PMS?! I would hope not!

Are you retaining Fluid? Have you been eating too much sodium? Did you just switch to the mushie stage or Is it hot wear you live right now?

Keep up the hard work cuz you are doing so great!:ranger:

Its not hot here, im peeing like a race horse all the time from all the Water im drinking, im on mushie stage.

Ill just try my best to ignore the numbers as my ring and watch is getting really loose.

Hi. I am new here. I have not been banded but im tryin to find some way to do it. I am 5'1 and weigh 310. My bmi is 56.8. I am only 23. Right now its lookin like it wont be happening.

OK, this is really weird! I weighed in last Sunday at 415 and everyday this week my max calorie intake has been 1400.

I swam 50 laps in the pool everyday (big pool). Drank alot of Water took Vitamins.< /p>

Looking foward to getting on the scales today.

419!!!!!:omg: What the heck??? I can feel my clothes getting loser. This happened to anyone else?

This might sound weird but it happened to me... Have you checked your total sodium intake? I looked at mine that week that it happened to me and my intake was 200% of what it should have been for almost the whole week even though my calories were what they were suppossed to be. So I cut down on that and I started losing again. Especially if you have a lot of Soups. Those are HIGH in sodium extremely high! Just check it out.

Hi. I am new here. I have not been banded but im tryin to find some way to do it. I am 5'1 and weigh 310. My bmi is 56.8. I am only 23. Right now its lookin like it wont be happening.

Do you have insureance that would cover it? If not you can self-pay but I have seen that run anywhere from $6,000 - $15,000, depending on where you live. I have insurance so I don't know if the self-pay ones have payment plans or not. Someone else might be able to answer that for you. Good luck on that!

i have insurance but the have worded my benefits just right to where they wont cover anything. I have tried almost everything to see if there is a way around it...but no...I cant afford the self pay sadly enough. I wish someday that some nice rich person would see me and off me the money....id take it in a heartbeat. I am starting to get worried because my son is going to be walking soon and im worried i cant keep up.

I am so sorry to hear that. What are the boundaries? Do you have a docotr that you know that might think about helping you work around their system? I know some people did the self-type pay but insurance covered some i=of it. Have you looked into that possibility? Maybe they can cover half then do a payment plan for the difference?

I dont even know how much it costs here. I checked my ins and under benefit exculsions it says:

Medical and surgical services, initial and repeat, intended for the treatment or control of boesity, including clinically severe (morbid) obesity including: medical and surgical services to alter appearances or physical changes that are the result of any surgery performed for the management of obesity or clinically severe (morbi) obesity; and weight loss programs or treatments, whether prescribed or recommeded by a physician or unde rmedical supervision.

Apple--- im so glad you wrote that. This week i have been drinking alot of Soups as im still on mushie. I kept a track of all my intakes since Monday, Monday to Friday my sodium intake was 2553.1 mg. So thats about 510mg a day average.

Now i dont really know what my rda sodium intake should be. Id that high?

Apple--- im so glad you wrote that. This week i have been drinking alot of Soups as im still on mushie. I kept a track of all my intakes since Monday, Monday to Friday my sodium intake was 2553.1 mg. So thats about 510mg a day average.

Now i dont really know what my rda sodium intake should be. Id that high?

That's not too bad from what I read and was told from the nutritionist and "normal person" should be no more than 2,000mg a day. And with that amount should be drinking 8-10, 8 oz glasses of Water a day. So less water less sodium more water more sodium. Hope this helps!

Ok I went to my monthly pre-op class and I am sooo dissappointed! I only lost 4 lbs this month. I am down to 387 lbs. I need to lose at least 7 more lbs within 10 days. Otherwise I won't be where I need to be when I have my follow up with my surgeon. I am so stressed out I don't know what to do...Any suggesstions????

First, I'm going to say well done on the four pounds. For the unbanded, that's not bad. It's better than nothing, that's for sure.

What else? Absolutely no salt, more exercise than usual and fewer calories (though I'm sure you're already doing that). Maybe you're just about to have a big jump down in wait. Just tell your doc how much you've been trying and that it's ToM. Drink eat very little the day of the follow-up.

Do you have diabetes/thyroid issues or something else? Sometimes medical conditions can stop people losing weight.

really slow losers?

anybody?

im workin it, im doing it daily. i keep track of my food intake at FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and since ive been rebanded May 24, ive lost TEN POUNDS and all of that just this last month. I have 7.5 in a 10cc AP band. Ive got restriction! im following recomended diets!

maybe it just took me a while to get at good restriction? i dunno. i do know that this coming month, from now till late september, will be very telling for me. If i drop another ten, then i think its all in my head and ill be right on my way...if not...then im screwing up somewhere.

ugh.

frustrated. Seems like everyone else who got banded in may is dropping forty to fifty lbs already.