Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Well my surgery was the first day of spring. I was supposed to come home Thursday but wasn't cleared to drink liquids until after noon. They finally brought me fluids around 1:30 which is when I found out I could only drink about 2-3 oz at a time, and then found out I couldn't leave until after I was able to keep down 32 oz of Water. I wasn't able to do that Thurs before 7PM so I stayed an extra night!

The pain has been a lot more intense than I originally expected. My port site was the most painful up until last night. As of last night the incisions all have toughened up and don't feel as tender, but I think I overdid it last night with taking a walk at Walmart :lol:

I'm having an intense pain on my right side about 3 inches from my belly button incision and about 5 inches down from my port site. I called the surgeon's office and spoke with the on-call doctor who believes it is perfectly normal to have the areas of pain change as I get more mobile and do more, so he wants me to go back to taking 2 percocet every 4-6 hours instead of 1 like I have been doing.

I'll see how that goes tonight.

I also have found that there is NO WAY I can sleep in my bed. After 2 days of it, and having to get up every 3-4 hrs to urinate, I need to stay in my chair with the recliner which I find easier to deal with.

I also ;) am unable to bend around to wipe myself without excruciating pain, so my wonderful husband is helping me out in that regard. Nothing shows true love like your husband being willing to wipe your butt for you :roflol:

Ok, I think I've had enough sitting up for now, so here is my story so far :)

Hello everyone!! :wave: :hug:

I finally finished reading all of the posts here! It took to FOREVER!:faint: It has been great reading all of your successes! I mean, WOW!! I can only hope to have the same success. At times I can't believe how hard it has been. Old habits certainly die hard! But I would do it all again without a single hesitation. Except I would have done it a lot sooner, that's for sure.

Well as for introductions, my name is Stacy. I am 5'4", and I started out with a BMI of (embarrassing, but here goes) 61.8, which as far as I know was my highest. On the morning of my surgery it was 59.4. Currently my BMI is at 56, I am SOO happy to say that I have lost 34-37 lbs (my weight fluctuates about 3 lbs. throughout the day, depending on what time it is I swear...it sucks). I lost really well at first, 15 lbs. within the first 2 weeks, then only another 5 lbs. in the next 2 weeks. Since then I have basically been at a horrible stand still. I'm a little frustrated. But I understand that my body is going through a lot right now, so that eases things some what.

Good luck everyone!!:clap2:

Stacy

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a "body bugg"?

I have never heard of one until now. That's so cool!

Nothing shows true love like your husband being willing to wipe your butt for you

That's the sweetest thing I've ever read on these forums. Way to go for finding such a keeper husband. Give him a big kiss, ok?

Congratulations on being banded and I'm so glad you're on the road to recovery. sleeping better in a recliner at this point is completely normal. You'll be back in bed in no time.

Take care,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a "body bugg"?

I have never heard of one until now. That's so cool!

I've used mine for a week religiously and lost 7 lbs. I love it so far. It's pricey, though.

You can get it here: http://www.bodybugg.com/

Okay, I know you guys will understand this. I had to get new jeans (I was putting it off hoping to of course loose more 1st) but; I ripped a hole in the only pair I had so.......... I had on size 32's. I bought size 28's:clap2: . I realize this is still huge:o , but I was actually excited. When I can get into a 26 I can buy clothes anywhere, not just at the "plus size" women's store!! That is my new goal for the summer. Only 2months to go!!!:omg:

Turner24

Hi Stacy! Welcome to the super sized bandsters board!

I'm also a patient of Dr. Singh's and was banded on 3/21!

I'm slowly adjusting to life, but I'm sick and tired of Clear Liquids :)

I bought some 14/16 shirts this weekend. They're tight in the hips (they're for late summer - still too cold for them now), but fit above the hips. Still in 22 pants, although I did buy a 20 skirt this weekend that I'll have to take back because it's too big, and tried on some 20 skirts at Target that were too big.

Maybe that's some kind of restitution for my scale not moving in 3 months. Then again, maybe it's just inconsistent sizing.

Julie, I thank the universe for finding my husband every day!

I'm so lucky to have found such an awesome man

Juice! I want juice!! I crave juice!!! I need juice!!!!

My dietician made a big deal about juice being a no-no. And I hear that loud & clear. But I so love a large, cold glass of orange juice before bed! I know. It’s sip-sip-sip with the Band, no more large glasses of anything. Okay. I got that, too. This isn’t about what-not-to or how-to drink with LapBand so much as it is a plea for a safe, tasty “juice” drink.

What I’m really hoping for is a delicious, non-aspartame, high-protein juice replacement. Any recommendations? (I’m cross-posting this in desperation!) :help:

So far I’ve tried:

Syntrax Nectar

(Fuzzy Naval - Splenda)

Bari-15 Cold Drinks

(Grape, Grapefruit, Wildberry Passion, Orange pineapple - aspartame)

Bari-15 Cold Drinks

(Orange - aspartame-free)

Only the Bari-15 Wildberry Passion & Grape were worth drinking. (The Wildberry Passion is actually pretty good.) But they both have aspartame, and I’m one of those unlucky people with adverse reactions to aspartame. I use Isopure powders for my Protein Shakes, but they’re creamy not “juice like” even in the fruit flavors.

And so my Quest for an aspartame-free, high-protein juice replacement continues…

Okay, I know you guys will understand this. I had to get new jeans (I was putting it off hoping to of course loose more 1st) but; I ripped a hole in the only pair I had so.......... I had on size 32's. I bought size 28's:clap2: . I realize this is still huge:o , but I was actually excited. When I can get into a 26 I can buy clothes anywhere, not just at the "plus size" women's store!! That is my new goal for the summer. Only 2months to go!!!:omg:

Turner24

Wahoo!! What a NSV that is! :clap2:

Oh, to leave my 32's behind (and my Size 32W behind) & fit into my 28's again! At last check, I'm down twenty-eight pounds since my surgery, and I've yet to have a single non-scale victory...

Way to go!!!!

Hi Stacy! Welcome to the super sized bandsters board!

I'm also a patient of Dr. Singh's and was banded on 3/21!

I'm slowly adjusting to life, but I'm sick and tired of clear liquids :bolt:

Hi lilnena. I hear ya! But you'll be done with them soon. Dr. Singh is wonderful, I love him, he's great! Who knows, maybe someday we will see each other in his office, hehe. Good luck to you!!

Maurdan...thanks for your reply. You weren't kidding, they really are pricey...WOW!!

Stacy

Well I actually had a little mental breakdown yesterday due to cravings ;)

Hysterical crying because I wanted an egg or oatmeal or something substantive in my stomach!

I am wearing size 26 jeans today!!!

I just can't believe what a difference a couple of weeks has made. I wish I had done this 5 years ago.

Hello Everyone,

I hope to be joining the club soon. My doctor wants me to have the By Pass but I am going with the Lapband. I am 48 years old. I have been fluffy all my life. I was on the slimfast diet and lost 60 lbs but got sick and had to be put on steriods so I gained all my weight back. Current weight is 328. I have had inital consult, blood test, Chest Xray, EKG, and had the first visit with the Nutri. I am self pay and it will cost me $18,000. I can't wait until it is my turn.