Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Oh I should clarify - power and cream - do one at night, and the other in the morning. Not do both morning and night. :)

Dear darling dumba$$ doofus etc etc etc...:heh:

Deodrant. Dove is my fav. I use it under the boobs:Banane20: where my legs join my body and of course the under arms. I noticed yesterday while walking (i'm still in no bra, denim dress over the head mode) that my inner thighs were starting to get 'not happy:mad: ' so I used this stuff I bought at an outdoor store for 'chafing'. I'll report later wheter it works or not.

T

I got divorced? I had been eating out at restaurants twice a day six days a week for 10 years when my hubby decided to leave me for another woman. For the next 9 months I had no money for anything, and many nights if my kids wanted seconds at dinner I didn't eat at all. I used to eat 2 lean pockets at lunchtime and that was it for the whole day. So..the I guess the short answer is I stopped eating.

I finally got restriction about a week ago. It's awesome! I know I'm not nearly as tight as others talk about being, but that's ok too. I'm losing a consistant 1/2 lb a week, but sometimes seeing others' rapid weight loss is so depressing that I've been known to avoid the boards for days at a time.

Hey there;

I know where you have been and I know where you are at....well at least I can relate. I too had a husband that left us. I have 3 little kids and have raised them basically on my own for the past 3+ years. Fortunately for me now I have found my best friend, my soul mate and the thing that has been missing from my life for all these years. I don't know if you have anyone new, or you even want that, but here is something. We did it. We kept our dignity and we raised our kids, we sat through long lonely nights and we fought the good fight. We look at those gorgeous faces in their cozy beds at night and we were there for them. Hooray for us I say. We are the bomb girlfriend and we should never forget it.....proud of me....proud of you. Keep up the awesome work.

POPT

Tracey

Well poke a badger with a spoon :phanvan I was worried about not getting a fill until 3/27 well, now it's not until 4/2. That's one day short of 5 weeks. whew... give me the strength to control myself for that long. I think I'll be ok but I'm afraid overdoing it once is all that it will take... hopefully that knowledge will keep me in line.

Taken care of. Damn spammers.

I really like Dove antiperspirant as well. And I've recently found that I love the Ban in the pink container. I think it's supposed to be power stripe or something. It works very well.

I start working out on Friday so I'm going to make sure to pack it in my new gym bag (D'oh!...I gotta go buy one!). I start cardiac rehab that day and I'm going an hour a day for three days a week for six weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm wanting to get a jump start on getting fit before surgery so I'll hopefully bounce back better. And I need to get some of this weight off before surgery. It'll make reaching my butt easier after surgery, though I already bought some tongs :(

I use Dove, and just today tried their new "Cashmere" kind and Love Love Love it! I was always a Secret kind of girl, until one day in college I got a free Dove trial, when it new. Tried it, loved the way it felt, hooked ever since. So if you like Dove, try the new cashmere kind they have out. :clap2:

My boobs aren't big enough to need anything under them. I'm still a (somehow) perky C, so my boobs don't really touch my abdomen THANKFULLY. And there's bra between me and there anyway.

I do deodorant under my stomach. I was getting some irritation there as my skin got droopier and droopier, and plus - well - it gets stinky there. The deodorant took care of it completely. DH calls this routine "putting on your lipstick", he says it looks funny (haha funny, not weird funny) because I just make a pass with my deodorant just like putting lipstick on a big giant (lower) lip. Because my belly hangs like a ")" flipped over.

My thighs definitely touch. Hell, they touch halfway down to my knees. I have big thighs & hips. But I don't chafe (am I spelling that correctly?)... probably because I'm usually either wearing pants or capris. I don't do shorts. I do lots of skirts (last year & this, but never before) in the summer, and I've never noticed any problems... but it's also possible I just haven't been doing enough walking to get there.

I used to have this ring of fat right at my waist. I don't know how else to describe it. Like it would "flab" out over my pants if I wore tight pants, would start on the sides and wrap all the way around to the back. At my fattest it would "meet" at the small of my back and make what I always called my "floatation device". That's gone now, just barely barely visible on the sides, but I'll be damned if my hips and thighs aren't just gigantic still.

Ok, so what other "ways to make life easier when you're obese" tips can I share... I'll have to think.

Right now I'm just waiting for the day I can sit down and not feel my stomach, or look down and not feel a double chin.

Oh, I missed this...

How is your walking?

sleeping?

I can't wait to be there.

Well, if you mean exercise walking, it's really bad. I've been neglecting my exercise, which is why I won't complain about not having lost any weight for a REALLY long time.

If you mean general walking, great. I never had mobility issues. I just had energy issues. Now I'm much more "spry" as I'm told... but I' also told "You never walked like a fat person"... yeah, what does that mean?

Sleeping is fine too. Never had apnea or anything. In fact, I didn't have a single comorbidity. Good BP, good blood levels (my bloodwork from January came back with high cholesterol... UP from the regular numbers I've always had before!), no meds, no diabetes, etc.

Except it's different to lay in bed now. When I lay on my side I can feel where my hip bone is, instead of just feeling this fat pad. And when I lay on my back, my ribs & chest bones stick way out and look really creepy. I can feel my ribs now when I stand, too. Not feel them like boney, but I can feel the very bottom rib, and you can see it. Can see my shoulderblades and the top part of my vertebrae too. We're talking YEARS since that was last the case.

Tips To Help Obese, You Say?

Removable....showerhead.....!!!

The Monistat Chaffing Gel Works Wonders For Pannus Also...

I've Never Really Had What I Think Is Chaffing,but Some Issues Non The Less...

Try It You'll Like It I'm Sure...it Takes Such A Tiny Bit...

It Seems To "breath" Better Than Even Dove, In My Opinion!

I'm A Dove Girl Too....love Their New Campaign!

Ok... I Totally had to google Pannus.... I was thinking.. ok, is this some strange body part I have never heard of? OOOOOHHHH flaps of skin.. ok... right.. I um... like knew that... mmm hmmm..

ABSOLUTELY on the removable shower head + back brush. DH likes to call the back brush my Front brush. KEEPS YOU CLEAN.. and dare I say.. uh... smiling:D I would get a little freaked out when we would go on a trip.. I was like.. crap.. how am I going to be the cleanest possible?

I've also used baby wipes for YEARS and this to, helps keep you fresh. I am very smell concious and would FREAK if I thought I was smelly.

I was out eating one time about 6 yrs or so ago and this poor girl, who wasn't much larger than I, totally stunk. It was horrible. I felt so sorry for her, I'm sure she didn't even realize it.

BLAST it clean *I* say!

WHoa, theres like a 'lap band system' commercial on tv RIGHT NOW. It involves a Lion wearing a hunger sign. Pretty kewl commercial.

I've been walking for three days now and my port site is REALLY sore. Kind of weird until DH pointed out the motion of your 'trunk' area while walking.

I too used to be a Secret deodrant user.. ok.. not a secret but the brand.. ANYwho, then discovered Dove and never turned back. I'll have to try the cashmere.

I've never heard of the Monistat chaffing gel.. I'll have to look for some.

Tips To Help Obese, You Say?

Removable....showerhead.....!!!

The Monistat Chaffing Gel Works Wonders For Pannus Also...

I've Never Really Had What I Think Is Chaffing,but Some Issues Non The Less...

Try It You'll Like It I'm Sure...it Takes Such A Tiny Bit...

It Seems To "breath" Better Than Even Dove, In My Opinion!

I'm A Dove Girl Too....love Their New Campaign!

I am very smell concious and would FREAK if I thought I was smelly.

I was out eating one time about 6 yrs or so ago and this poor girl, who wasn't much larger than I, totally stunk. It was horrible. I felt so sorry for her, I'm sure she didn't even realize it.

BLAST it clean *I* say!

i agree with the removable shower head ... they finally got one at my gym now i'm a happy camper.

what i do to really dry off and on warmer days (i'm in Texas so they are starting soon) is get a hand towel and put it under my pannus .. just keep it there. i usually tuck it in and my belly is still so big you cant even see that it's there.. it definitely helps me be "not stinky". i dunno if i could handle the feeling of deodrant there ... too 'slimy'...

:help: Ok. I am two weeks and four days post op. do you remember that weird feeling post op on the surface of your belly skin that was numb and sensative all at one? Well that dissapeard about a week ago only to return IN FORCE today. I have 7 small incisions that have healed VERY well. I have one at the bottom of my belly button then two more to the far left of my belly button side by side then one more up and angled to the left of my belly button, then more.. OK. If you were to draw a slanted to the left triangle with the narrow point starting at my belly button and the other two wide points to the left, the entire area in between is intense sore and numb and on occasion a twinge of #4 pain. it's no where near the port or my tummy.

Now, I did stumble yesterday walking in to my buliding but didn't toally wipe out, however it jarred me pretty good. I noticed this sensation mainly today and more intensely the past two hours. Any one else experiences these phantom pains that are not directly under their incisions?

I called the doc's office and they think I'm ok and want me to call back on Monday.