Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

If you have the motivation to follow the rules - to work with your band instead of dragging along behind it, you will succeed

I feel that I'm working with the Band successfully (down 105 lbs in 10 months) in two important ways. Although I have not yet achieved optimal restriction -- by which I mean that I am still able to overeat -- I try to make wise food choices, i.e., the only thing I "allow" myself to overeat is salad. I eat a high Protein, low carb, low fat diet, and I exercise Portion Control by using a kitchen scale when I'm at home and eyeballing it when I'm not. Do I ever screw up? Of course. Do I lose it when I screw up? Nope.

The other thing I do is exercise. I didn't even start until Month 5, but I'm here to say that it makes a major difference. And gives you that extra push toward success. My thing is movement/stretch class, yoga class, and lap swim. But really, anything will do, just so long as you do it regularly. My goal is daily. I'm not there yet, but I sure am addicted to my yoga class. If you haven't yet added exercise to your rule book, er playbook, I highy recommend it. Start with 20 minutes a day and then increase gradually.

Good a.m.wb_sun.gif

Feeling slightly better today. This a.m. instead of flailing wildly for 10 minutes trying to get out of bed it only took me 9 minutes of flailing wildly. I'm starting to suspect some of my innards were stolen during surgery and sold on the black market.

My ci_cat.giffurkids ci_cat.gifseem to think that the big a$$ pillow I keep on my tummy is JUST for their entertainment and like to take a running leap from the ground and land... RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE... which of course results in my jerking up and screaming bloody murder, spazzing the cats out which causes them to AGAIN run across said pillow that I'm using for 'protection'. hmmmm I may have just figured out the whole pack of wild drunkcj_monkey.gif monkey cj_monkey.giffeeling from yesterday.....

My tummy is still swollen larger than a baboons a$$ in heat but not as pretty. I know it's only friday, but I'm like.. how on EARTH am I going to drive my truck to work on Monday. I may end up bartering with DHubbyxa_heart.gif to take me. I can't wait to get to work to show off my new Cave man posture and walk.

I also have this weird numb but itchy feeling on the surface of my tummy. Itching is a good sign I reckon but it's very surreal to be running my finger over the surface of my tummy and not really be able to feel it.

I am VERY happy to report that my auntie flow has packed her bags and left the buildingxl_thumbsup.gif. I asked Dr. Morton if he could just to ahead and remove my uterus while he was in there and he just looked at me like I was a goof ball. aj_confused.gif Oh well.. never no unless you ask.

OK.. having major gas painan_angry.gif.. must go kick something.

later

T

OHah_shock.gif

Mahah_shock.gif

GAHah_shock.gif

If you would have told me that a soft boiled egg smashed up w/ a small pat of magerine would make me moan and roll my eyes up in my head I would have LAUGHED MY A$$ off at you.

Well, I just ate one and that's what happened. DEEEEEEEEElish

I don't eat eggs that often because they give me pain also. And it tastes nasty once you have to keep chewing it:tired

I don't eat eggs that often because they give me pain also. And it tastes nasty once you have to keep chewing it:tired

Pain? What kind of Pain? Am I going to regret this egg in about an hour or so?

T

Yeah, scrambled eggs hurt me, and those processed eggs, but I can do over hard just fine. And bananas hurt me, and applesauce. Other than that I can do just about anything as long as it's after 12.

Applesauce - really?? I would think the baby food consistency would slide right down.

I just found this thread. I am being banded on March 12th. My BMI is 54 - I am 5'9" and I weigh 366 right now although my highest weight was 386.

Right now it is hard to imagine even being under 200 so I am not ready to pick a final goal weight yet.

Ok guys, Thursday was my one year anniversary, but Sudays are my weigh & picture day, so postponed any updates until today. I'm now officially an 18/20 top and 22 bottom. That's down from a 34+ top & bottom pre-op, and a total loss within a pound or two of 130 lbs.

Here are my progress pics. Note: NO, I don't wear camis alone, only under things but it's one of the only things I could find that's "clingy" and would show my current shape.

Here's how one year with the band changed my life!

post-205294-13813134666422_thumb.png

post-205294-13813134666732_thumb.png

Wheetsin, you look AWESOME! Keep up the fabulous work. Wow, I wish I could see my collar bones clearly like you can! WOOHOO!

Congratulations on your anniversary and your WONDERFUL success. You look great.

Ok guys, Thursday was my one year anniversary, but Sudays are my weigh & picture day, so postponed any updates until today. I'm now officially an 18/20 top and 22 bottom. That's down from a 34+ top & bottom pre-op, and a total loss within a pound or two of 130 lbs.

Here are my progress pics. Note: NO, I don't wear camis alone, only under things but it's one of the only things I could find that's "clingy" and would show my current shape.

Here's how one year with the band changed my life!

This gives me HOPE!

Fae smoochies for you!:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

I love reading this thread!!!

Synicalchick - did you regret the egg? I've been waiting for an update! How was work this week? I hope all has been going well!

Wheetsin - you truly inspire me...I'm at the very beginning of this journey and have so many doubts...do i really want to do this? CAN I possibly do it? What if something goes wrong? Have I chosen the right doctor? If I get rid of food, who's gonna be my best friend?...seeing your pictures this evening has given me a new resolve...thousands of other people with the same doubts and questions I am asking have already done it and are succeeding. Your post was just what I needed, just when I needed it! Thank you!

On the home front here, we have a surgery date!!! I say "we", because my hubby is going to have his as well!! We're going to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterry and our surgeries will be April 12 - for $1000 more than it would have cost for just me to have it here in Chattanooga!! We're pretty excited!

In preparation for the surgery, we are really watching our calories (daily - 1100 or less for me and 1600 or less for him) and we are walking for 30 minutes everyday.

We start the pre-op liquid diet 10 days before the surgery. Other than what we are already doing, does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I'm open to anything anyone has to offer!

Thanks for all the support!

Wheetsin, You look fantastic. I find tears in my eyes knowing that I will soon (3/20) be blessed with the band. I know I will have much success. (positive attitude) I have lost 9 lbs since gearing up for the 5 day liquid stage. I've cut all breads and stick to liquids, Proteins, and vegis.

Hey there,

My misery has had nothing to do with eating. food wise nothing has bothered me but I have behaved and stuck to the stuff on my list.. hasn't been that hard. Loaded up on the sugar free jello/pudding, tuna, baked frozen fish, Protein Drinks, smoothie drinks etc. have had no trouble with any of it...

ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING IS GRAPHIC AND ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS SO MALE READERS/ EASILY OFFENDED/GROSSED OUT JUST MOVE ON PAST THIS POST PLEASE.

The antibiotic they gave me to take every 8 hours has absolutely REAKED HAVOC on my body. I don't normally get yeast infections. I'm 37 and have had about 8 in my life and have NEVER had thrush. I SHOULD have known, that if my mouth was overloaded as bad as it was with the thrush that I needed to go ahead and treat my other end for a yeast infection. I'm telling you what, I have NEVER had one EVER that was this bad. I had to leave early from work today and by the time I got home I was boohooing like a big baby. I'm like raw shredded meat down there and am even a little bloody. I took a prescription oral pill for this on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be helping. My DH, thank god, came home this afternoon (he travels) and got me some maximum strenth itch/burn stuff then went back later after I boo hoo'd and cussed when I had to tinkle, to buy the 3 day treatment stuff. I have been using ice packs on it as well and that seems to help. It seems the worst around my ureathra and clit. It was murder when he was putting on the topical stuff. I'm calling the doc tomorrow, though, I don't think there is anything else we can do since I'm already using the prescrip stuff. I am going to make note of the name of this antibiotic that I was given so I don't ever take it again.

Am I the ONLY one this has happened too? I haven't read about anyone else going through this on my feb & march post. For those of you not yet banded... please speak with your doc about the possibility of getting a yeast infection and see if there are any preventative measures you can take or maybe you can at least get some supplies to prepare for the possibility. After you are banded, if you find that your mouth/tongue starts getting sore and discolored.. PLEASE call your doc and don't wait like I did. I'm really paying for it now.

Tracy

I love reading this thread!!!

Synicalchick - did you regret the egg? I've been waiting for an update! How was work this week? I hope all has been going well!