Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Just to let you guys know, I made it to twoterville this past weekend. Sat. 1-20-07 I weighed in at 298 I was so happy that I cried. Now I have to continue to work hard at stepping:bolt:far away from 300 as possible. I haven't been at this weight in 12 years:omg: .

Congrats on the milestone! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

losingjusme-You are doing amazing girl!! :D I noticed your ticker and it's wonderful! What's your secret? You are such an inspiration! :)

hi Denise,

well i was very sick last week - still am ill ... went fom 339 to 317 3/4 in a bit over a week.

is losing all that weight worth last week, hmmmm, maybe ..

would i do it again, NO

ok you talked me into it. I will get up and get on my exercise bike. Thanks.. funny the last reply was 5 days ago and I am still inspired by them.. I am telling my self to quit being so sorry for myself for not loosing for 5 weeks. I am still the same. up and down but the same and----------------------------------------------I AM BELOW 300 POUNDS... :funscale:

IGNORE THE TICKER.. IT IS BROKEN..

i weighed 320 when i rolled over one morning and herniated a disc in my neck, rupturing it and needing immediate surgery. that was my wake up call. My dad and his twin brother both died from obesity related factors within nine days of each other in 2005.

they were just under six hundred lbs by best estimate and last wieghts.

At my first consult i wieghed in at 317, but i dont know if its right, it doesnt feel ike ive lost any.

Im in the early stages of the process.

my consult was last friday. I had my ekg then, today i had my bloodwork, tomorrow i do the seminar, day after i meet with psych for eval, then nutritionist next day...then wait.... I live in Maine but came down for three months to escape winter and to be banded by doctors that have experience.

My bmi was 53 when i got on the plane.

There are things i cant do anymore that i just want to be able to do again. There is a life i was supposed to live that i physically cant at this size. I already have an artificial ankle, and it cant take much walking at all. there are other personal issues that im sure you guys probably can relate to too.

Im waiting. I am hoping. I have to leave March 21rst.

hi Denise,

well i was very sick last week - still am ill ... went fom 339 to 317 3/4 in a bit over a week.

is losing all that weight worth last week, hmmmm, maybe ..

would i do it again, NO

I am so sorry you have been sick! That is certainly not the way we want to lose our weight. I hope you get to feeling better real soon!

Take Care

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie - my surgery was on 1/9/07 - I started out at 310 with a BMI of 51.5 so I'm in this for the long haul.

Great news though - I've already made it to twoterville (love that name) when I went to my first follow up yesterday I weighed in at 293 - WOOHOO.

So far so good, but it sure has helped reading all of the messages on this board and knowing that you aren't alone in the journey.

The name is Amy by the way. Nice to meet ya'll (and yes I'm from Texas!)

Later,

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie - my surgery was on 1/9/07 - I started out at 310 with a BMI of 51.5 so I'm in this for the long haul.

Great news though - I've already made it to twoterville (love that name) when I went to my first follow up yesterday I weighed in at 293 - WOOHOO.

So far so good, but it sure has helped reading all of the messages on this board and knowing that you aren't alone in the journey.

The name is Amy by the way. Nice to meet ya'll (and yes I'm from Texas!)

Later,

:welcome2: cdgmom, and don't forget to change your ticker. Congrats on making it to Twoterville:tea:

:help: I dont know about the rest of you, but I really wish now that I had kept my mouth shut and not told everyone I was having surgery. :speechles I thought by sharing with everyone that I was educating people and maybe encouraging others who are battling obsesity. And I dont know, maybe I am. But I am really frustrated with select few coming up to me every week asking the same :censored: questions..... "How much have you lost? Are you following your diet? Are you exercising? How much? What size do you wear now? I thought you would have lost ALOT more with surgery. Was it worth it? Wow you spent all that money and only lost _ lbs. Can I have your old clothes?" And one even have the audacity to come up to me in a restaurant while at lunch and say "oh I just came to see what you were eating ." :heh:

Hello people! When did the world get so rude?! I am really frustrated. Yeah, I thought I would be losing faster too, but I am not telling my unsupporters that.

I keep telling myself I didnt get to 380 overnite and its not going to come off overnite. The scale is moving in the right direction and thats all that should matter. right? :(

Well I totally understand now why some people chose not to share with the world about this journey. Wishing I had been that smart. :phanvan

MissChrissie, that is why I didn't tell anyone about my wls. I didn't want all the questions:speechles But since I have lost over 100lbs everyone who comes across my path that knows me want to know what I'm doing to lose so much weight. I still keep my mouth:speechles . I will only tell a MO person who seems to really want to lose it, I haven't came across that person yet.

I've told everyone about my surgery. I am just so excited by it and I have nvever been able to keep a secret. Mostly the support has been great, but sometimes I wish I hadn't told others because I think what if I fail or that they are watching what I eat.

I thought id dotted all my eyes and crossed all my t's before i came down to do this but ...theres always more to a thing.

I got a copy of my insurance guidelines and its all good, if anything im a little too heavy for their approval, but if i can just keep off the nervous weight i lost coming down, ill be okay.

HOWEVER...

having trouble getting my old medical records that reflect over three years total of medically supervised wieght loss, which is required by my insurance (six months is anyway)...

so the good news is i'll likely be approved, the bad news is probably not until i can go another six months with pills diet and back to curves again. I hope theres enough in my current records to satisfy this. I want to be banded so much. I want to start this.

Today it hit me that it might not happen before i got to go home. Im trying not to think this way, to keep hopeful. Things are going well. I asked my insurance for a case manager to help facilitate this, and to keep everything straight. They said they would, and that the person would be contacting me.

so, i guess im just ranting. Nervous. three different 'groups' or organizations involved with this, and im losing direction.