Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Hi All,:help:

Sorry to change the subject for I need a little information. I'm a supersize bandster. I was banded on September 26 and have lost 45lbs.. My doctor told be yesterday that I have a 11 cc band. He was also suppose to do a fill but said the port was to hard to found and didn't went to stick me four or five times. So I will be going to the hospital to be filled using a floroscopy. Can anyone tell me that to expect.

Thanks Catfish (Lisa)

Wheetsin,

:( Thanks for the quick reply. I feel better now. You are a great person for all the help you give us on the web site. You make life for us beginners a whole lot easier.

Catfish (lisa)

Wheetsin I am going to cover my floor with saran wrap and put on some footies. Come on family.

Hi Catfish great job on the weight lost and good luck with the fill. Once you have your first one you will be fine.

I am going to cover my floor with saran wrap and put on some footies. Come on family.
I did that once and my husband got the wrong idea. He started grinning and mumbling something about "get the baby oil" and I'm like - "No! Booties!!!"

Catfish, no problem! That's what we're here for.

No easter egg here! I have a lot of black and gray. Most of it is in 30/32 or 5x-6x, from Avenue and Catherine's.

In my closet, if it's not black, it's an earth tone. :heh:

how can I go about getting the bigger clothes? This does mean alot. its so hard to find things for me. I think all my capri pants have worn down and holey, hahahaha

how can I go about getting the bigger clothes? This does mean alot. its so hard to find things for me. I think all my capri pants have worn down and holey, hahahaha
First, what sizes do you need in tops and/or bottoms? And second is be terribly patient with me. Most of my 28s+ I (embarassed to admit) actually rented a storage unit to house until I could get rid of them. I was eager to reclaim my closets and didn't want them laying around, nor did I want to just dump them. I should still have a few things around the house, I *think*, but not many. I'll look tonight/this weekend and see what's accessible. If everything is in storage, it will take some time b/c I have - seriously - like 30 or more 40g containers full of clothing.

Umm, on second thought I'm a liar. I'm leaving this weekend for a trip and won't be back until Thursday, so I will look next weekend.

What I find, I'll post pics of and you can yea or nea.

First, what sizes do you need in tops and/or bottoms? And second is be terribly patient with me. Most of my 28s+ I (embarassed to admit) actually rented a storage unit to house until I could get rid of them. I was eager to reclaim my closets and didn't want them laying around, nor did I want to just dump them. I should still have a few things around the house, I *think*, but not many. I'll look tonight/this weekend and see what's accessible. If everything is in storage, it will take some time b/c I have - seriously - like 30 or more 40g containers full of clothing.

Umm, on second thought I'm a liar. I'm leaving this weekend for a trip and won't be back until Thursday, so I will look next weekend.

What I find, I'll post pics of and you can yea or nea.

okies. thanks!

Hey what does the size of the band mean?

I found out I have a 14cc Band. I'm about 10 days from seeing the Dr. I had surgery about 4.5 weeks ago. I'm doing great and feeling great, losing slowly but surely.

I'm very conscious of what I'm cooking, preparing and eating, but most of the time find this easy and love the changes to my life and eating, I feel sooooooo good NOT eating all the crap.

Wheetsin: I often scan through the forum and read your posts. You are an inspiration and a tower of strength silently :) Have a great weekend away :)

Hey what does the size of the band mean?
There are two measurements when sizing the band: capacity and length. For example, I have a 10cm/4cc band. 10cm is the length of the band, and 4cc is the capacity. If you have a 14cc band, that means it is designed to hold 14cc of saline.
Wheetsin: I often scan through the forum and read your posts. You are an inspiration and a tower of strength silently :) Have a great weekend away :)
Aww shuckls, thanks! And - I think that's the first time I've been described as doing ANYTHING silently! LOL!

Aww shuckls, thanks! And - I think that's the first time I've been described as doing ANYTHING silently! LOL!

Silently for me I suppose :)I read the posts and derive (silently without comment) strength and support from your many posts, always a great read THANKYOU :) While you are supporting others, there are probably many more (like me) benefiting from your input and support :) CHEERS

Happy Friday! I have another post in the January Bandsters, but I know this group will understand that what happened today was a real milestone for me. Starting at 358, I could not use my home scale since it only went to 350. I was banded on Monday and today (Friday) I tried the scale and I now weigh 348 and can track my weight myself.

Doing the happy dance tonight!

I remember that day VERY fondly! Congratulations! You're a rockstar! :clap2:

well, the one good thing about being ill and not being able to eat - dropped about 17 pounds!

i am very slowly bringing back food. my band feels very tight right now.

i just figured my BMI and i am currently at 47.8 - i'm just 'morbidly obese' now, not super morbidly obese. :clap2:

21.5 pounds until i hit 100 and 24 until i hit twoterville. i know it is going to take awhile, my losses pretty much stopped for awhile. hopefully this gave me the kick i needed.

Congratulations are in order losingjusme!! Do home scales go up to 350? I haven't been able to get on one in so long I have forgotten. If so I might think about buying one... I just don't want to be a scale whore.