Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Teresita, I know it is frustrating I've been there, as the weight goes down so will your shoe sz along with everything else :hug:

That is exactly what I needed. Mental and cyber hugs from people who truly understand. Indianlight-pink isn't too much to ask for is it. Thank you for understanding I just want to be a girl.

Wheetsin you are always here and thank you. Asics is what I found at the Run and Walk store for $85. I did go on their website weeks earlier and they are still ugly. LOL Yes I bought stuff from Junoniia in the past and it is pricey. I want to pay target prices like Turner24 said but I will not quit so I can go to Target. I am happy to say I can no longer fit my clothes that I bought from Junonia. "Milestone"

Turner24 thank you for now I will go the Catherine's but I don't want it to be my only option anymore. I want to go to target, Kmart, Avenue, Ashely Stewart and the $10 store. LOL I haven't been able to get on the doctors scale in years. They get an added weight then it breaks, then they don't replace it. How inconsiderate is that crap. They want you to feel like crap, they are saying we don't care about you. No you go ahead and vent but I am not going to bash the skinny nurses, what for. I hope you have a great weightloss even with PMS. I will not give up.

Tann you are doing amazing. I see your numbers coming down. Keep up the great work and I will watch my feet. LOL

Thanks ladies.

I

Normal, average....psssshhh :cry :think :straight :scared::tired :phanvan :huytsao

I am glad you are serious about your exercise...keep it up! I feel like normal doesn't exist for us big BMI ers. Be us short or tall... I am of average height 5'4'' and all of the clothes I find are too long in the legs and arms. I feel like clothing manufacturers thing if you are fat, you must be tall too. I was in lane bryant with a friend the other day, (she was shopping, not me cause I can't fit..yet) and stood next to their stylishly dressed maniquins which are 6 ft tall and I thought... if those clothes look good on the 6 ft manequin how are they going to look on me. And I certainly don't consider myself short.

Normal doesn't exist, except in the retail world so screw em'

I also agree with the person who said Junonia...they have good, cutish, sturdy workout clothes.

That was what I love about my WLS surgeons office... wide chairs, scales that go high enough, low wide beds.. No need to worry about wether the scale goes high enough or if your ass will squeeze into a waiting room chair without breaking.

Okiefamily those clothes that fit the manequin so nicely will still be short on me. So I think they are about 5'10". LOL

I love my doctors office now. When I first when he still had small chairs now he has the nice big, sturdy oversized chairs. It makes me feel normal. Sad

Teresita- when I can buy those cute clothes and have them hemmed, I'll send yout the extra fabric so you can have yours lengthened!!

:help: First of all, I am SO glad I found this site, so nice to know that other people are doing the same thing. Here is my problem...I had the surgery in Jan of 2005 and that year lost 70 pounds (started at 340, down to 260), then in 2006 had 3 deaths of close family members in the first 2 months, including of them dying in my home on Christmas morning-end of 2005). I was executor, meeting with lawyers all year, the day we buried one her house flooded so I was dealing with contractors all year...not to mention the greedy family members who were coming out of the woodwork. So, needless to say, I definitely put myself on the back burner. So, now that that horrible year is over I find that I "relearned" a lot of my old "comforting" tricks I did my whole life, so I am finding it hard, once again, to get back on track. Last year I didn't gain anything, but I didn't lose anything either. I know that has to be a success since without the band I know I probably would have gained 100 with all the stress, however the big picture is that I am now 2 years out of surgery having only lost 70 pounds. I am trying not to beat myself up, but it is so hard. And for some reason I cannot seem to get as motivated as I was before. Any suggestions?

First of all Jennifer I am so sorry you have been through so much. by you coming here it sounds like you are ready to press forward. You just need support. LBT is a wonderful support system if you don't have one at home. Use the boards for accountability and there will always be someone nearby to kick your butt if you that is what you need.

Take one thing at a time. You can start with Water, eating or exercise. Which one do you want to start with?

Oh I've been there - not fitting on the doctor's scale, that is. And there were times where I probably should have gone to the doctor and didn't, because - no fun - having to tell the nurse "I won't fit on that..."

You know what? 2 years ago I was at my pre-op highest and went on Atkins, and said F the scale, I'm going with measurements. And I had to go to the fabric store and buy a freaking DRAPERY measuring tape, because regular measuring tapes would fit around my hips. For a lot of years I would only go to a movie theater an hour and a half from us, because it had arm rests that raised up and that would let me spill over into DH's seat. Or I would always wait extra for a table at a restaurant b/c the booths cut into my gut. And even then I had to HOPE that the charms didn't have armrests on them.

Try being 28, working in a trendy corporate office in the heart of downtown, in a high profile position, and Catherine's is all you can wear. Don't get me wrong, they have nice stuff, but what thin 28 year olds have to wear elastic waist sack skirts and rayon tops to work?!?

And while I'm ranting at my own expense, why does a FREAKING T-SHIRT at Lane Bryant cost $19? Why do they charge $350 for a coat that I bought at Gordman's for $79? Because as much as they say "size doesn't matter", what they're really saying is, "We know you have no choice so you're going to pay whatever we charge."

But I still shop there. :scared:

Some day you'll be strutting around in your J-Lo pepto-bismol pink velvet tracksuit. :clap2:

Wheetsin you are telling the TRUTH!!!!! The clothing industry sucks. Why do fat clothes have to have animals and flowers on them? What is up with the one pocket on every top? Who is picking out this ugly stuff?

Amen wheetsin!! One of my favorite fat moments...I have to tell you guys.

I have always wanted to go to (cant think of the name at the moment) the big swedish store with the cool furniture and gismos and gadgets..Oh Ikea, it just came to me. Well, they opened one up about 2 hours away where my friend lives so me, her, her hubby and 3 kids and my hubby all go there, I am so excited.

About 30 minutes into the vistit I have to pee, really bad. We had to walk 15 miles to the bathroom their store is so big. By the time I got there, I had to go so bad I couldn't wait for the one handicapped stall to be available.

So, I dashed into one of the regular sized stalls. It was so cramped and the toilet paper dispenser practically hung out over the toilet on the right and on the left was the little metal trash can. I wedged myself between them but couldn't center myself on the pot, I was off center. I thought it was okay and the pee was coming wether or not I wanted it to by now.

Well it wasnt okay, somehow... because I wasn't properly situated the pee came out the crack between the seat and stool...

AND I PISSED ALL OVER MY PANTS and a HUGE puddle in the floor. And because it was so small it started pouring into the other stall.

I was so mortified. I spent an hour in the stall trying to clean it up and dry my pant a little but they were just too wet.

So what did I do? I lied to everyone and said someone peed in the floor and I put my pants in it...Oooh Gross, and went back to their house and washed my pants.

I didn't get to see any of Ikea :scared:

Kristin, I think I would rather admit to it being my own pee than having people think I'm walking around with someone else's pee on me. LOL your story cracked me up.

I never had an accident like yours, but because of small stalls AND that they're even smaller considering the toilet paper is taking up about 8" on one side and the sanitary box about 4" on the other, I did have many times where I bruised the crap out of my leg standing up into the sanitary box. Oh and don't you love it when you have to walk out of the stall sideways because the entrance is too narrow?

There's a certain "move" you have to do, similar to doing the limbo, when the space between the toilet and the door is less than the space you take up. So you have to kind of bend backwards over the toilet to be able to open the bathroom door (for the geniuses that make them swing inward).

Fat moment... hmm... I think I've forcible blocked them from memory. Although I'm CERTAIN there were a few times when I sat down in one of those metal frame collapsable camping chairs, then got up, only to have the chair stay attached to my arse.

Although I'm CERTAIN there were a few times when I sat down in one of those metal frame collapsable camping chairs, then got up, only to have the chair stay attached to my arse.

Wheetsin,

kudos to you for even attempting to sit in those chairs ... nuh uh ... NO WAY would i sit in one of those!! if it didnt collapse when i sat in it, i dont think i'd be able to stand up to get out of it. :scared:

Jennifer 116 how are you doing today?

Okiefamily ewwwww so sorry. Wheetsin your are a nut and I won't even sit in my own collapsable chair..