Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Head Hunger!

Aaargh! I knew it was coming, but tonight the head hunger showed up and brought its luggage! I had a healthy, satisfying dinner of chicken breast simmered in garlic, ginger, and soy sauce with some overcooked broccoli to make the chicken slide better. It was about 15 minutes after eating. I was still satiated, FULL even, when the cravings started. Innocently at first... "maybe just a sip of juice.." "a Cookie might be nice.." "I Think Josh has some Ice Cream in the Freezer" "GIMME SOME CHEESE!"

What the Heck! I take vitamins! Where are these cravings coming from? <--rhetorical (my head, I know its my head)

I had a plan too. I had iced tea in the refrigerator, bite sized ice in the freezer, crystal light, frozen grapes, Rooibos tea, yeah right. How do you fix head hunger when you are two hours away from fluids?

So... I turned on the computer.

:help:

I have been having a hard time with that lately, too. It sucks! And my computer is on the fritz, so I can't even do that. Usually that helps, but last night I had to dig out a craft project to keep my hands busy. I was doing well with the head hunger thing until just a few days ago....but now it's reared its ugly head! I'm going to try sugar-free popsicles if I have trouble tonight.

Emily

Thanks ladies. It helps knowing I have company, misery loves it..

I am feeling much better today, but last night?

I didn't give in, but I may have lost some more hair which is NOT good. I mean, I still have more than enough, but I call my hairballs...kittens..small red kittens the size of my daughters fist..

Eeew, right? I read somewhere there is eight weeks of Hair loss? I have been doing so much Protein I am sure it's causing some sort of damage.

I know it's a long shot, but what if the key to keeping my hair is giving in to the craving?

Nah, (shaking head) Nevermind

YAY!! POST NUMBER ONE-HUNDRED AND THREE!!! LAST NIGHT I HIT ONE-HUNDRED AND DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE.

SO YAY! ONE-HUNDRED AND THREE!! WOO HOO

Good Girl !! I'm glad you didn't give in last night. WTG !!

Your not kidding we are all in this together. The other day I got up in the middle of the night and grabed a piece of dark chocolate, forgot to chew it and PB'd OMG... Why does it have to come to this in order for me to stop? Wanna bet I do it again (but hopefully not to soon). Head hunger is the pits, its how I gained 99% of my weight.

Yikes, your hair is coming out that much? are you getting any Protein in, Vitamins, etc? Mine was falling out quite a bit, but it seems to have slowed down. Scared the crap out of me.

I am the Protein Queen, I even use half a shake on my shredded wheat in the AM (chocolate is pretty tasty). I take a Centrum daily, so I am hoping that this is just the "anesthesia shock" people were talking about. I would really like for this to stop soon. Doesn't excessive protein intake cause kidney stones? I remember hearing this from somewhere that seemed credible. Wait, this is three topics in one generally ignored little thread.

I should probably consider another title/thread, huh?

ROFL... yes you can start a new thread or do a search. It almost feels like we're darned if we do and we're darned if we don't. How many gms of Protein are you getting a day? and did you know that the body can only absorb so much Protein at a time.

Hang in there, I'm sure the hair will stop falling out (and I dont' mean when we're bald LOL).

Hugs

Tonight the head hunger hit me really hard for the first time since surgery. I had my blended dinner (mushies until Tuesday of next week) and then had a few bites of my son's Annies Mac/Cheese and then had a few more bites and then had some tortilla chips with melted cheese and then realized that I was doing everything wrong!

Now I feel like crap physically and mentally. DH just reminded me though that my actual caloric intake was not bad BUT it's the loss of control and wanting to eat when I was NOT hungry that shook me up.

Head hunger is a vicious thing.

Thanks La madam for the redirect, AND the Great Idea. Brushing my teeth sounds like it would work very well. I've always been a little weird about eating after brushing my teeth, and now I can use that sick little quirk to my advantage...hehehe

I am almost eager for the Head Hunger to climb out of the basement or wherever it is hiding right now. I am going to use my new weapon and kick it's nasty little tukus.

Eileen~I get between 50 and 70 grams of Protein per day from mostly animal sources, but I still believe in some soy. I figured there had to be some limit to the body's abilities. It can only produce so much acid... Lucky for us right?

Brenda